Wycombe Wanderers Sports & Education Trust (“WWSET"), the charitable arm of Wycombe Wanderers Football Club, is seeking a self-motivated, creative and ambitious person to fill the role of Fundraising & Communications Manager.
Based at Adams Park, the home of Wycombe Wanderers FC, WWSET is a thriving charity that exists to educate, motivate and inspire the local community using the power of sport and the brand of Wycombe WanderersFootball Club.
The Fundraising & Communications Manager will be responsible for the planning, management and successful delivery of a number of events and initiatives that generate unrestricted income for WWSET. In addition, the post holder will play the lead role in managing and developing WWSET’s marketing and communication activities in order to achieve clear and concise messaging at all times, effective promotion of activities and programmes, and demonstration of the impact WWSET achieves within the local community.
WWSET recognise that employing talented and dedicated staff is critical if we are to continue increasing our range of programmes, growing our strong reputation, and maximising the positive impact we have within High Wycombe and the surrounding areas.
Therefore, please ensure that your application takes into account the necessary skills and experiences that are required to complete the role successfully, all of which can be seen below.
The closing date for applications is 11.59pm on Sunday 29th May 2022.
WWSET will be assessing applications as they are received and reserve the right to close the application window prior to the 29th May. Considering this, please do not delay submitting an application if you are interested in the role.
Role Accountabilities & Key Duties
- Create, lead, and deliver fundraising relationships and activities to grow income.
- Successfully deliver WWSET’s Marketing and Communications strategy.
- Design and deliver fundraising events and challenges.
- Support WWSET in the planning, implementation and management of income generating activities.
- Source external funding streams to carry out ac4vi4es that meet the aims and objectives of WWSET’s programmes.
- Successfully plan and write applications to achieve external funding.\
- Devise and deliver engaging communications that resonate with our community and promote campaigns effectively across a multitude of communication channels to ensure maximum awareness.
- Increase the awareness and popularity of WWSET’s activities within the local community.
- Produce engaging video/digital content that showcases WWSET’s projects and activities.
- Day to day management of the WWSET website and social media content.
- Design and create WWSET’s Annual Impact Report.
- Create and deliver WWSET’s monthly newsletter.
- Act as an ambassador for WWSET and Wycombe Wanderers Football Club.
- Attend training courses and CPD sessions as and when required.
- Assist in ensuring WWSET complies with all relevant health and safety, legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirement policies.
- Academic qualification (A-Levels or above) in an area associated with fundraising and/or communications.
- An approved Disclosure & Barring Service certificate (to be carried out by WWSET prior to commencement in post)
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Previous professional fundraising and communications experience.
- Competent with office IT, web content management systems and all forms of social media.
- Excellent persuasive writing skills, with knowledge and expertise within both management reporting and report writing skills.
- Knowledge of WordPress websites.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; able to present information in an effective way to different audiences.
- Experience of developing new initiatives within communications, sales and/or fundraising.
- Understanding of fundraising regulations and best practices.
- Experience of financial planning and management.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage high workloads.
- Experience of managing and developing staff.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to work without constant supervision.
- Experience securing external funds plus satisfying funding criteria throughout the complete funding cycle.
- Ability to advocate/persuade/challenge to achieve desired outcomes.
- Understanding of football club charitable arms.
- Full appreciation and commitment to the WWSET vision, mission, aims & objectives.
- Able to forge strong working relationships both internally & externally.
- Flexible and positive attitude towards du4es and working hours.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Innovative and creative.
- Keen eye for attention to detail.
- Driving licence and access to a vehicle with insurance for business use.
If you're interested in this role, please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page. Once you've done that please click 'Apply Now' to forward the completed application form onto Paul Foley.
Please ensure you utilise the supporting documents below when submitting your application…
and come back later!