Wycombe Wanderers Sports & Education Trust (WWSET), the charitable arm of Wycombe Wanderers Football Club, is seeking an enthusiastic, adaptable and conscientious candidate to fill the role of Finance Manager.
Based at Adams Park, the home of Wycombe Wanderers FC, this is an exciting opportunity to join a talented team that are dedicated to engaging with as many people as possible in and around High Wycombe and the surrounding area, with the aim of improving levels of health, social inclusion, community cohesion, education, and sports participation.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for managing and leading all WWSET’s finance related tasks, satisfying all WWSET’s finance related obligations, and ensuring that WWSET operates in accordance with financial best practice standards.
The position will be varied but will place a primary focus on month end payroll processes, the production of quarterly management accounts and year end accounts and assisting with the development of management information that enables deeper understanding of the organisation and its financial performance.
WWSET recognise that employing talented and dedicated staff is critical if we are to continue increasing our range of programmes, growing our strong reputation, and maximising the positive impact we have within High Wycombe and the surrounding areas. Therefore, please ensure that your application takes into account the necessary skills and experiences that are required to complete the role successfully, all of which can be seen below.
Provide a comprehensive accountancy service that allows WWSET to operate in a proactive and responsible financial manne
Role Accountabilities & Key Duties
- Manage and oversee all aspects of the WWSET purchase and sales ledger.
- Prepare and present quarterly management accounts with analysis of actual/budget variances (ideally ‘dovetailing’ the presentation with that of the statutory annual accounts to aid comparisons). Such accounts should fully reflect all normal adjustments such as prepayments, accruals, amortisations and crucially all accounting transactions necessary to ensure income and expenditure is fully matched in any particular quarter.
- Prepare and present annual year end accounts with analysis of actual/budget variances and all similar adjustments as those processed into the quarterly accounts.
- Liaise with external auditors to ensure smooth process in the submission of annual accounts for examination. The successful candidate must be capable of reviewing and making recommendations to the Board and Auditors about the presentation of the management and final accounts.
- Ensure that all finance procedures are in line with the relevant WWSET financial policies as agreed by the Board of Trustees
- Manage all income and expenditure transactions and ensure all relevant data is recorded accurately.
- Work closely with the WWSET Senior Leadership Team to ensure the financial stability of individual WWSET departments.
- Monitor and manage WWSET’s cash flow effectively, including developing forecasts where required.
- Ensure payment of grant claims are made in a timely fashion and are accurately allocated.
- Ensure payment of expenses and mileage claims are made in accordance with policy.
- Perform reconciliation tasks – bank and cash.
- Administer all WWSET payroll responsibilities including PAYE deductions, NIC liabilities, HMRC payments and the issuing of pay slips.
- Ensure the smooth transition of new and departing WWSET employees with regards to finance related registrations/de-registrations.
- Liaise with WWSET’s pension broker to ensure that all WWSET employee pensions are in place in accordance with current legislation.
- Continually analyse WWSET’s financial processes and procedures and make suggestions for improvements that will result in time and/or financial savings.
- Prepare relevant reports for and attend WWSET’s quarterly trustee meetings in order to provide insight into WWSET’s financial position.
- Any other ad-hoc analysis work or accounting function.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant WWSET policies.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements at all times.
- Keep confidential any information gained regarding WWSET and Wycombe Wanderers FC
1. Ideally a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CA) but a suitably qualified person by experience would also be considered.
Skills, Knowledge & Behaviours
- Minimum of three years’ experience of financial administration and/or accountancy work.
- An understanding of charity financial procedures.
- Experience of working with either SAGE 50/Xero/QuickBooks or a similar accounting system.
- Organisational skills, with the capacity to prioritise and work across multiple tasks.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- An eye for detail and the ability to work accurately.
- Creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas.
- Full appreciation and commitment to the WWSET vision, mission, aims & objectives.
- Determination to display high quality across all tasks and encourage the same in others.
- Able to forge strong working relationships both internally & externally.
- Flexible and positive attitude towards duties and working hours.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Committed to continuous self-development – receptive to feedback about strengths and areas for improvement.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please also note that in order to appeal to the widest possible audience of potential applicants WWSET are committed to establishing mutually convenient working days and hours that fit around the existing responsibilities or commitments of those who apply.
In order to be considered for the role we ask that applicants complete WWSET’s Recruitment Application Form (WWSET Employment Application Form) and click 'Apply Now' to send their completed signed copy to Paul Foley.
Note that CV’s will not be accepted.
Interviews will be held during week beginning 11th July.
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
WWSET Application Supporting Documents
Please ensure you utilise the supporting documents below when submitting your application…
and come back later!