The Women’s RWC 2025 LOC is looking to appoint an Transport & Logistics Manager to be responsible for the planning, implementation and delivery of all mobility services, including transport, arrivals and departure operations and logistical arrangements. The planning and delivery of these operational services will be supported by the use of a bespoke and dedicated World Rugby TMS platform (Tournament Management System).
Reporting to the Senior Event Services Manager there will be a close working relationship with operations teams and client groups within the LOC and World Rugby EventsCo. The Transport & Logistics Manager will have a number of direct reports within the functional area.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop functional area operating plans (FAOP) to provide guidance and detail for transport, logistics and arrivals & departures.
- Play an integral role in the procurement and contracting of transport and logistics contractors including onboarding and management once contracted.
- Work with the venues and city planning team to develop the transport plans and procedures to be implemented at host cities, including contributing to Local Area Transport Management Plans (LATMP) and leading on Venue Operational Transport Plans (VTOP) for each host venue.
- Lead the planning with transport and fleet providers to develop transport and fleet plans, policies and procedures to service operational requirements
- Lead the planning and management of Logistics operations, including provision of Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment (FFE) and shared resources such as Manual Handling Equipment (MHE) across the tournament.
- Undertake detailed audits of all Tournament venues prior to developing the final FF&E scope.
- Oversee the development of warehousing requirements, lead on the identification and contracting of an appropriate logistics warehouse solution and Warehouse Management System that meets all the space and location requirements and develop all the plans, policies and procedures for the operation of the warehousing.
- Work closely with the Freight Service provider to scope, schedule and manage the logistics fleet for international freight, domestic distribution and Tournament Time courier service including required planning and oversight necessary.
- Lead on the development and management of the Venue Delivery Schedule and develop with Security and Accreditation the required ‘Keys to the Gate’ access protocols to deliver to match venues.
- Work closely with Team Services to produce the Tournament Freight Guide and plan, schedule and execute all international and domestic freight moves for participating Teams.
- Planning and delivery of arrivals and departures operations including engagement with ports of entry and exit.
- Manage the transport, logistics and arrivals & departures Functional Area budgets.
- Monitor and manage milestones outlined in the tournament masterplan.
- Work with Technology FA on the scoping the Tournament Management System requirements for transport, logistics and arrivals & departures.
- Oversee the recruitment and training of and management of FA Coordinators and tournament time operational staff, contractors and volunteers.
- During tournament time, play a key role in identifying, and managing issues and queries, supporting staff on the ground or from the Main Operations Centre, collating data and reports and escalating issues as needed.
Experience & knowledge you’ll need:
- Experience in holding a management role within a major sporting event landscape or equivalent events in the transport and/or logistics functional areas.
- Demonstrable success in managing or leading a functional area / specific project portfolio from planning through to overseeing operational delivery.
- Demonstrable success in supporting senior leaders and providing managerial support and leadership to a team or workforce.
- Experience dealing with budgets, purchase order systems, other enterprise system tools, project management tools.
- Track record in taking accountability for delivery against fixed timeframes and specific project deliverables.
- A passion for sport and to contribute to the further growth of the women’s game.
- Takes positive action to build a diverse team and develop a culture of inclusion and belonging.
- A positive, ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Adept at working under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- A collaborative team player, who builds strong relationships with colleagues and a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, managing multiple workstreams
- Can navigate ambiguity and cut through complexity, taking a logical and creative approach to problem-solving.
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin your application.
and come back later!