We are looking for a Security Manager to be responsible for the planning and delivery of the security arrangements for the Women’s Rugby World Cup, leading on the specification, development, co-ordination and quality assurance of the security protocols and processes to be implemented across all tournament locations (match, training, accommodation, warehouse and special event) and people (spectators, teams, match officials, VIPs and workforce) ensuring a safe and secure Tournament.
Reporting to the Head of Tournament, Team & Rugby Services, this is a critical role responsible for managing, planning, coordinating and implementing a comprehensive security function whilst liaising with the relevant security organisations and officials.
What you’ll be doing:
- Development of key Security documentation, including the Tournament Security Framework and the Security functional area operating plans and associated procedures to be implemented and assured across all tournament locations, including match, training, accommodation, warehouse and special event venues.
- Coordinate with the appropriate authorities and stakeholders on security issues and arrangements.
- Contribute to the development of the accreditation and access control protocols and ensure the management of the access regime.
- Liaise with the police and other relevant security officials, including those of participating unions to ensure that the security requirements are met, understood and are integrated into the security planning process and delivery.
- Oversee the design and implementation of security protocols related to transportation, accommodation, and other services for client groups, including team, match officials.
- Lead the development and delivery of training and competency of Security staff and contractors, working closely with Workforce to support this process.
- Oversee and manage the Security Functional Area budget.
- Agree the requirements for staff, contractor and volunteer vetting processes in conjunction with EventsCo.
- Monitor and manage milestones outlined in the tournament masterplan, ensuring all elements are met on time and to the desired standard, with risks identified and mitigated against and budgets carefully managed throughout.
- Provide the LOC and EventsCo management with updates in line with the Governance structures, including at Tournament Reviews, Board Meetings and assurance check points.
- Oversee the recruitment of and management of FA Coordinators and tournament time operational staff. Oversee their training and onboarding, including all arrangements for their tournament-time deployment.
- Play a key role in identifying, and managing issues and queries during the planning and delivery of the tournament, supporting staff on the ground from the Main Operations Centre, collating data and reports and escalating issues as needed.
Experience & knowledge you’ll need:
- Previous experience in leading on Security matters and arrangements in a multi stakeholder environment – preferably with experience in the demands and challenges of security in major iconic events.
- Demonstrable success in managing or leading a functional area / specific project portfolio from providing strategic direction and guidance through to overseeing operational planning and delivery.
- Demonstrable experience in security event planning and operational delivery experience.
- Experience dealing with budgets, purchase order systems, other enterprise system tools, project management tools.
- Track record in taking accountability for delivery against fixed timeframes and specific project deliverables.
- A passion for sport and to contribute to the further growth of the women’s game.
- Takes positive action to build a diverse team and develop a culture of inclusion and belonging.
- A positive, ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Adept at working under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- A collaborative team player, who builds strong relationships with colleagues and a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, managing multiple workstreams
- Can navigate ambiguity and cut through complexity, taking a logical and creative approach to problem-solving.
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin your application.
and come back later!