Women’s RWC 2025 LOC is looking to appoint a Match Management Manager to be responsible for the planning and delivery of the Women’s Rugby World Cup across Match Management and the policies and procedures for the match. The Match Management Manager will have a number of direct reports across the functional area responsibilities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for co-ordinating the activities of all Functional Areas relating directly to the match delivery of the 38 matches within the 8 match venues.
- Responsible for establishing high quality systems and processes so as to achieve excellence in the delivery of the matches and associated services.
- The role is highly operational in nature and will involve some travel between Twickenham and the venues during the planning phase and throughout the tournament itself.
- Lead the match planning process, ensuring that all requirements of the Women’s RWC 2025 including the relevant World Rugby Laws and Regulations of the game are captured and integrated into the planning process
- Recruit and train the highest standard of Match Managers to be deployed to each of the match venues, providing clear and decisive leadership, direction and management.
- Liaison with the Event Services, Venues Teams and Match Venues to determine the allocation of operational space and client flows within the Match Venues for teams and match officials.
- Lead in the development of match management manuals, policies, procedures and systems.
- Lead the production of Match Day timelines which will form the basis of broadcast plans, venue daily runsheets etc.
- Provide support and guidance to venues and other key stakeholders in relation to match delivery.
Experience & knowledge you’ll need:
- Experience successfully leading and managing a team.
- A proven track record in large scale event management and operational delivery, specific experience in Match and / or Tournament delivery.
- Strong working knowledge of the international rugby environment and the Laws of the Game.
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders and project managing interfaces between them at a senior level.
- Ability to create and deliver clear operations manuals and reports.
- Experience working in an international sporting environment.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment supporting multiple individuals across a varied portfolio of responsibilities.
- Experience dealing with budgets, purchase order systems, other enterprise system tools, project management tools.
- A passion for sport and to contribute to the further growth of the women’s game.
- Takes positive action to build a diverse team and develop a culture of inclusion and belonging.
- A positive, ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Adept at working under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- A collaborative team player, who builds strong relationships with colleagues and a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, managing multiple workstreams
- Can navigate ambiguity and cut through complexity, taking a logical and creative approach to problem-solving.
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin your application.
and come back later!