World Rugby is the world governing and law-making body for the sport of Rugby Union. In addition to its governance functions, World Rugby organizes a number of major international tournaments and events, such as the Rugby World Cups (women's and men's), the annual Rugby Sevens Series and the developmental Women's WV international tournament.
World Rugby is now on a mission to innovate to excite, inspire and engage new audiences in existing and new rugby markets, to grow the sport for all. Through World Rugby Events, the delivery of these major tournaments under a new model will be key to the success of a ten year strategic plan which will see Rugby World Cups in England 2025 played by women, Australia in 2027 played by men, Australia 2029 played by women and culminating in ground breaking tournaments in the USA in 2031 and 2033 played by men and women respectively.
The role sits alongside the Heads of Finance for World Rugby Federation and World Rugby Events Company and reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Guide a Financial Controlling team through an unprecedented period of transformation
- Manage the organization’s financial management and control across all aspects of the business in all geographies
- Set global financial accounting policies for all entities within the Group
- Accountable for World Rugby’s global centres of expertise for International Tax and Treasury, and Financial Compliance
- Set, implement and embed an appropriate Financial Control Framework
- Provide oversight and guidance to a unit focused on driving standardisation of financial operational processes in areas including bank and asset reconciliations, accounts payable, accounts receivable and expenses management, seeking optimisation and automation opportunities wherever possible
- Champion process compliance with the organisation’s SLT and Extended Leadership Group
- Manage and control the financial reporting for World Rugby Group and subsidiaries, accountable for accurate and timely master accounting data to the organisation and stakeholders
- Support the growth and establishment of LOCs in new geographies with setting up of robust and appropriate financial processes.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive experience in a global financial management leadership role
- Experience in an international environment, with exposure to multiple different jurisdiction financial practices
- Experience of integration of new products and markets in to financial management processes
- A qualification in accountancy is required
- Strong knowledge of global financial management is required
- Strong track record in building and managing complex stakeholder relationships
- Proven ability to build and coordinate high performing teams
- The role will require a reasonable level of international travel
- Fluent in English with knowledge of a secondary language preferably French or Spanish advantageous
- An interest in sports business advantageou
- Change agent ready to support the organisation through an unprecedented period of transformation and growth in to new markets and customer segments
- Strong ability to manage time effectively and efficiently
- Ability to present effectively
- Strong Project management skills
KEY SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Team player with exemplary interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage colleagues through periods of change
- Ability to multitask, work under time constraints
- High level of personal integrity
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
World Rugby is committed to building a diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality and inclusion and welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of their background. We strive to be a diverse and inclusive workplace, which reflects the global sport we want to be and where everyone can be themselves and feel they belong.
The majority of our roles offer hybrid working, with two core office days (Tuesday & Wednesday) for our Dublin, London & Paris offices, and the remaining days being flexible/working from home.
and come back later!