Women’s RWC 2025 LOC is looking to appoint an Accommodation, Catering, Cleaning & Waste Manager to be responsible for the planning, implementation and delivery, and all associated operations, policies and procedures of the accommodation, catering, cleaning and waste arrangements for the Rugby World Cup. The Accommodation, Catering, Cleaning & Waste Manager will have a number of direct reports within the functional area.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop functional area operating plans (FAOP) to provide guidance and detail for accommodation, catering, cleaning and waste management.
- Work with the accommodation agency(cies) to ensure the provision of accommodation for teams, match officials, guests and workforce in line with agreed service levels and budget.
- Lead on the planning and delivery of catering across the tournament including the development of functional area plans and policies.
- To work closely with the with the accommodation agency(ies) and hotels to ensure appropriate catering standards can be achieved and fulfilled for each of the client groups at their respective hotels.
- Working closely with Rugby & Team Services, manage the operations and accommodation rooming lists, schedules and assignments.
- Work with the venues, teams and event services functions to scope, contract and deliver cleaning and waste services for match venues, training venues, and other key Tournament time venues.
- Working alongside colleagues from the Tournament Guests & Protocol and Experiential Team, support the planning and operational plans for the delivery of guest and hospitality areas.
- Work with the venues team to develop the catering, cleaning and waste plans and procedures to be implemented at match venues.
- Oversee the accommodation, catering, cleaning and waste Functional Area budget.
- Work closely with key LOC and EventsCo staff, the leads in other key FAs, venues, hoteliers and contractors to ensure integrated planning and delivery.
- Oversee the recruitment of and management of FA Coordinators and tournament time operational staff. Oversee their training and onboarding, including all arrangements for their tournament-time deployment.
- Play a key role in identifying, and managing issues and queries during the planning and delivery of the tournament, supporting staff on the ground or from the Main Operations Centre, collating data and reports and escalating issues as needed.
Experience & knowledge you’ll need:
- Experience in holding a management role within a major sporting event landscape or equivalent events in the accommodation and/or catering, cleaning & waste functional areas.
- Demonstrable success in managing or leading a functional area / specific project portfolio from planning through to overseeing operational delivery.
- Demonstrable success in supporting senior leaders and providing managerial support and leadership to a team or workforce.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment supporting multiple individuals across a varied portfolio of responsibilities.
- Experience dealing with budgets, purchase order systems, other enterprise system tools, project management tools.
- Track record in taking accountability for delivery against fixed timeframes and specific project deliverables.
- A passion for sport and to contribute to the further growth of the women’s game.
- Takes positive action to build a diverse team and develop a culture of inclusion and belonging.
- A positive, ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Adept at working under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- A collaborative team player, who builds strong relationships with colleagues and a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, managing multiple workstreams
- Can navigate ambiguity and cut through complexity, taking a logical and creative approach to problem-solving.
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin your application.
and come back later!