Williams’ core competencies are the design and development of racing cars to compete in the Formula One World Championship. As one of the world's leading Formula One teams, the company has secured 16 FIA Formula One World Championship titles since its foundation in 1977 and is now moving into an exciting era under new ownership defined by relentless innovation and living sustainable performance in every dimension.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Officer to join our team here at Williams. This is a varied role in an exciting environment and to succeed you will need to be adaptable, demonstrate initiative and have the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines. As a Procurement Officer you will strive to achieve departmental measures of performance, with continuous improvement and delivery of strategy and best practice.
As a Procurement Officer your key responsibilities will be:
- Process purchase orders for the supply of goods and services ensuring any engineering specifications, processes or engineering up issues are fully communicated, and that the purchase requirement is appropriately authorised.
- Generate Work Orders that define the manufacturing and inspection processes required to make components.
- Deal with any non-conformances quickly and efficiently to minimise delays in the manufacturing process.
- Negotiate the commercial aspects of supplier`s quotes ensuring purchase system records are accurate and maintained.
- Check Supplier Acknowledgements and challenge when required.
- Coordinate invoice and accounts queries relating to purchase orders to assist the timely payment of suppliers.
- Expedite and progress deliveries from Suppliers & maintain timely reporting of delivery status of parts outstanding.
- Communicate with end customers to keep them informed of progress with outsourced parts.
- Manage the supply base performance through monitoring of KPI's.
- Complete commercial checks of supplier payment terms, delivery terms and general Terms & Conditions to ensure that these are aligned with Williams’ requirements.
- Creation of new contracts, inclusive of clear deliverables, terms and conditions having taken the lead on tender process; to drive suppliers and contractors to achieve required outcomes.
- Continuous improvement through the development of a strategic supply base - managed to support quality, on time deliveries whilst driving down costs.
- Carrying out supplier audits.
As a Procurement Office you will have:
- At least 3 years proven previous procurement experience working within a fast-changing engineering or manufacturing environment.
- F1, Automotive, Motorsports procurement experience is desirable, but not essential.
- Procurement experience of Mechanical Part manufacture is a requirement.
- Good problem solving and team working skills with ability to work under own initiative.
- Willing to help throughout the department and have a positive attitude.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills are essential.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to begin the online application.
Application Closing Date: All applications must be received by 29th September 2023.
What can Williams offer?
The Williams Group is based in multi acre complex located in Grove, Oxfordshire. The Williams Group offers a competitive holiday package, staff events/open days, a subsidised restaurant on site and various car schemes. We have an on-site gym (open 24 hours a day) as well as various fitness classes including outdoors bootcamps, pilates and yoga free for all staff and contractors to use. Aside from these benefits we can offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a based just 30 mins from Oxford City Centre by bus.
Williams is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments
and come back later!