Provide support and assistance to the Wests Tigers Consumer Business Manager in overseeing the Wests Tigers merchandise program and driving sales to meet budgets as set each season. Exceptional customer service, coordination and communication is required between internal and external stakeholders to ensure a successful program is delivered.
Work with Consumer Business Membership Executive to deliver an engaging and profitable Membership program with a focus on increasing Membership numbers year on year.
What will you do in this role:
- Work with official teamwear supplier, football and commercial departments to ensure a successful team official range is produced meeting the requirements of all involved;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all suppliers and licensees of Wests Tigers apparel;
- Maintain online merchandise store (Roarstore) to ensure accuracy of products and to provide an exceptional online experience for Members and fans;
- Be a conduit for a strong relationship between Membership and merchandise where Members are prioritised and rewarded wherever possible;
- Work with Consumer Business Manager to build out a communication and marketing strategy with a focus on turning over products quickly with a maximum 6-month cycle (some exceptions);
- Fulfil orders placed through the online Roarstore when required;
- Prepare and run Wests Tigers merchandise outlets at all Wests Tigers home games, including coordinating casuals and other staff as required;
- Arrange invoices from suppliers and raise PO’s for stock as required considering the achievement of a quick turn over of stock;
- Put steps in place to clear old and written off stock to maintain a consistent stock balance as agreed upon with the Consumer Business Manager;
- Setup merchandise at away games where appropriate and where it is believed that a successful ROI can be achieved;
- Manage merchandise expense budget in coordination with Consumer Business Manager;
- Stay up to date with market trends to maximise sales and opportunities;
- Point of contact for support partners such as Vend (POS), Jetpack (e-commerce) and shipping (Shippit/Australia Post);
- Manage email and phone enquiries for the merchandise department when required;
- Manage end of month reporting and any financial reporting as required by the Finance department;
- Provide information such as merchandise voucher codes relevant to the Membership program and continually look at ways to improve the merchandise offering specific to Members;
- Continue to develop skills in relation to Membership with a goal of becoming accustomed to the day to day operations as well as overall strategy.
To be eligible you should have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field including Sales, Marketing, or Management would be advantageous but not essential for candidates with commensurate industry experience;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role or strong customer service role;
- Sound Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills;
- Effective presentation skills, written and oral communication skills;
- Effective organisational, planning and time management skills;
- Experience using Salesforce preferred;
- Generally passionate about sport in particular rugby league;
- Adept at time management, multi-tasking and working to tight timelines;
- Achieves results through a diplomatic and tactful leadership style;
- Must be legally entitled to work in Australia;
- An ability to attend to work events outside of ordinary office hours;
- Must be available for international travel if required;
- Valid Australian Passport and Valid Australian Driver’s Licence;
- Clean Police History.
- Sports Management / Business Degree
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin your application.
and come back later!