This is an exciting opportunity for a creative and driven social media enthusiast to join a dynamic, fast-paced environment at one of the largest and most ambitious Premier League clubs.
As social media producer, your main responsibility will be to work with the social media manager to conceive, create, publish and measure the effectiveness of content in line with the club’s brand values and social strategy. You will work across both men’s and women’s teams (including on matchdays), as directed by the social media manager.
You will be a passionate and knowledgeable football fan, able to understand the appropriate tone to speak to fans, in a way that drives engagement, but represents the West Ham United brand in an engaging manner. You will have a real grasp of social media, with the ability to pick up on trends and also an understanding of which content works well on which platform.
- Responsible for posting across West Ham United’s social media channels with a particular focus on Instagram, TikTok & YouTube.
- Help plan and deliver social content on men’s first team matchdays and women’s matchdays
- Create social-first content that is in-line with Club strategy
- Support Social Media Manager in devising and overseeing distribution schedule across all club channels.
- Contribute ideas for new features, series and formats for all social channels whether image or video-led.
- Report on fan sentiment and social analytics, and present findings back to the social media manager
- Work collaboratively with other departments such as Partnerships, Marketing & the Foundation to ensure their objectives are met in line with our own content strategy.
- Recognise opportunities based on industry (and general) news and look to drive engagement based on the sentiment of our fan base
- Identify developing trends to leverage on behalf of the club
- Support the content team with player appearance shoots
- To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
- To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: - Essential (E) Desirable (D)
- Significant experience in similar role for an agency or brand (E)
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent experience (D)
- Experience in working weekends in-line with football calendar (E)
- Created and published content across Reels & TikTok for similar brand. (D)
- Creatively minded with the ability to think beyond football in conceiving strong ideas and content (E)
- Takes pride in their work and has exceptional attention to detail (E)
- Has a passion for social media content and consumes content across Instagram & TikTok (E)
- Exceptional communication, both verbal and written (E)
- Ability to work to deadlines and effectively manage time (E)
- Ability to distil team news into engaging social media content (E)
- A professional attitude (E)
- A deep understanding of social media analytics and reporting (D)
- Active on social media with a thirst for new technologies, trends and developments within the digital and social space (E)
- Basic understanding of Adobe Suite (D)
- Well versed in the Premier League landscape (E)
- Confident in pitching ideas (E)
- An interest in gaming and esports (D)
How to Apply
To begin the application process, please click 'apply now'
and come back later!