The successful candidate will lead the execution and support the strategic direction of social content across West Ham United’s operated channels, driving positive sentiment and growth aligned to the club’s objectives.
- Line manage the social media team and take responsibility for the short, medium and long-term planning and distribution across channels.
- Plan, produce and analyse content across West Ham’s social media channels.
- Drive follower growth and fan engagement particularly across primary channels YouTube, Instagram & TikTok.
- Identify trends early and maximise content opportunities.
- Lead on development and execution of the club’s international strategy
- Be first point of contact for third party agencies delivering in-market content.
- Gather all content requirements from external agencies around key international events and create clear briefs for production team to deliver
- Contribute to a cross-platform content strategy that aligns to the club’s strategic goals and brand positioning.
- Work with the internal video team to plan and produce video content that is engaging, entertaining and informative.
- Support the club’s communications team by ensuring social media output is closely aligned with agreed external messaging.
- Support commercial and marketing objectives by driving the creation of audience-first campaigns and content formats that deliver the mutual aims of West Ham and our partners.
- Contribute to the marketing department’s revenue targets through promotion of ticketing and retail streams.
- Help drive traffic to O&O channels.
- Help provide best practice guidance on social media to the wider business.
- To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
- To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: -
Essential (E) Desirable (D)
- Demonstrable experience in managing international agencies and overseeing in-market content (E)
- Management experience (E)
- Worked on a range of social media accounts publishing to large audiences (E)
- Experience of producing content of varying length and type (E)
- Practical experience of making successful and engaging content (E)
- Has managed content agencies (D)
- Experienced in working with high profile figures/athletes (E)
- Has led social media strategy in previous roles (D)
- Has worked flexible hours particularly around fixture lists and audience demands (E)
- Ability to develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders within the club (E)
- Strong knowledge of a range of social media platforms and comfortable using them (E)
- Passion for social media content and the industry (E)
- Excellent track record of community management (E)
- Strong written skills (E)
- Good communication skills – ability to explain ideas to people who will not be specialists in those areas (E)
- Brand and commercial awareness (D)
- Awareness of audience segmentation (E)
- Ability to thrive in high pressure publishing situations (E)
- Strong journalistic style and a passionate content creator (E)
- Passionate about football and sport and the content communities around them (E)
- Awareness of social/youth trends in and outside sport (E)
- Editorial judgement, knowing which type of content will drive and engage audiences (E)
- Ability to forward plan on a central tool and communicate that plan to wider content team (E)
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
How to Apply
To begin the application process, please click 'apply now'
and come back later!