Our CRM Marketing Executive is responsible for leading our email and SMS campaigns. Helping to drive our continued growth as a football club, the role focuses on creating and managing the best supporter experience possible across our email, SMS and wider marketing campaigns.
This opportunity comes at an exciting time for the club, with the marketing department continuing to grow and position itself as one of the industry’s most innovative and fan-focused teams, and the club as a whole pushing forward as it prepares for a second consecutive season in Europe.
We are looking for a candidate who is driven by the challenge of finding the best way to engage our supporters - current and prospective - through our CRM campaigns across ticketing, hospitality, retail and partnerships. The right candidate will have a strong track record in driving growth and have worked with audiences at home and abroad, while also having an understanding of the approaches required to engage fans of a professional football club.
As well as being part of a close-knit marketing team who are all passionate about driving the club forward, the successful candidate will also have a strong knowledge of industry trends and be an independent thinker who is constantly pushing for new and innovative ways of ensuring success.
- Manage the email/SMS campaign process from start to end, ensuring all requirements are met and that outgoing communications are of the highest standard.
- Manage the weekly CRM marketing activity calendar
- Assist in the development of customer journeys that capture crucial information across the sales funnel and engage supporters correctly.
- Liaise with the data team on segmentations that ensure more-personalised and appropriate communications are sent to the correct supporters.
- Work with internal and external design teams to brief on campaign requirements.
- Tracking and monitoring CRM campaign performance, and taking actions from data
- Drive higher standards across CRM Marketing campaigns in design, copy, segmentations and processes, implementing continuous refinement and optimisation and constantly contributing creative ideas.
- Conduct fan research, competitor benchmarking and customer surveys, contribute new ideas, and propose action points for making consistent improvements.
- Understand what drives our supporters towards certain actions, adapting campaign strategies to match and educating the wider team, as well as using analytics to monitor success and benchmark campaigns.
- Help develop and implement the club’s data-driven Direct Marketing Strategy to grow the fanbase, increase supporter engagement, ensure retention and increase revenues.
- Contribute to the club’s wider marketing strategies and ensure all CRM Marketing campaigns relate to them.
- To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
- To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
Due to the nature of the role, we can only accept applications from those who are over 18.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: -
Essential (E) Desirable (D)
- Educated to a degree level in relevant subject, or equivalent experience (E)
- Sports Marketing experience (D)
- A proficient campaign manager with experience of delivering growth (E)
- Creative thinker with an eye for design and good copy
- Willingness to innovate and take risks
- Passionate marketer who is full of ideas and keeps across industry developments
- Strong attention to detail
- Willing to challenge the norm, ask searching questions and lobby for the best way of doing things
- Ability to make quick decisions in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- An understanding of the importance of brand storytelling
- An understanding of football, West Ham United, its history and ambitious plans for the future
- As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
How to Apply
To begin the application process, please click 'apply now'
and come back later!