The Supporter Services team is responsible for managing day-to-day contact with supporters and Club staff as well as playing an integral role in the Club’s strategy for supporter consultation, Club/supporter liaison, and fan engagement, ensuring the Club has strong relations with the West Ham United fanbase, including supporters’ groups.
The team also manages supporter service and experience at London Stadium on matchdays, with 50 Supporter Liaison Officers, assisting fans with enquiries and feedback inside and outside of the stadium, using all of the feedback supporters provide to us to form a measured understanding on any views and suggestions relating to Club policy and services.
Working within the Supporter Services team, the post-holder will be responsible for assisting with enquiries, feedback and concerns from our supporters, across all Club communication channels, including by telephone, email, social media and in-person.
The role will also support the Club in delivering fan-focused projects and tasks, collaborating with colleagues across the football club, and providing general administrative support. Responsibilities will include coordinating all charitable, signed item, and player fan mail received to the Club.
Working behind-the-scenes, the candidate will also support in the creation and delivery of matchday services for all West Ham United home matches at London Stadium.
- Monitoring and responding to correspondence received to the Club with questions, concerns or complaints from supporters, ensuring these are passed on to the relevant teams, or dealing with them personally when appropriate
- Liaise with Club colleagues across multiple departments on a daily basis to ensure supporters receive timely and effective responses to their enquiries, feedback and complaints
- Assist with enquiries as delegated by Supporter Services management team
- Assist in responding to all Bondholder enquiries, administration of certificates, Bond transfers, maintaining accurate records on the Bondholder database
- Proactively take lead in creating and fulfilling initiatives to improve supporter relations, services and experience and positive fan relations
- Monitoring and responding to correspondence received to the Club in respect of all charitable and signed item requests, maintaining accurate records
- Responding to supporter feedback, enquiries and complaints in a timely manner and within service team SLA’s and KPI’s
- Co-ordinating, logging and distributing all letters received to the team
- Coordinating and responding to player mail, liaising with the Player Care team
- Continuously review policies in respect of charitable requests and signed items
- Escalating complaints to Supporter Services management team in a timely manner and within service team SLA’s and KPI’s
- Coordinate activities and initiatives, including continuous exchange of dialogue with supporters to fulfil engagement requirements
- To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
- To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: - Essential (E) Desirable (D)
- Experience in a service focused role – (E)
- Experience of working in a professional, office-based environment (E)
- Educated to degree level (D)
- Maths and English GCSES A*-C (E)
- Excellent I.T. skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, to produce work that is consistently accurate and fit for purpose
- Excellent personal organisation skills to plan and prioritise your workload
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Committed, hardworking, with a flexible approach to working hours
- Ability to work efficiently and deal calmly with pressured situations
- Ability to work effectively on your own and as part of a team
- Ability to think through problems and to offer solutions
- Reliable and flexible
- Willingness to learn
- Pro-active in resolution handling
- An interest in football and how a football club is run behind the scenes
- An ability to present arguments; factor in key information and produce reasoned ideas and thoughts
- An ability to manage data, including (but not limited to) supporter feedback (formal and informal) and other club data
- Understanding and commitment to the Club’s Equality Policy and ability to promote anti-discriminatory practice
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to begin the application process. You will require a CV and Cover Letter
Applications close on Monday 10th July 2022.
Due to a high number of expected applicants, only those successful will be contacted
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
and come back later!