As part of the Club’s trajectory of growth, West Ham United is expanding its Commercial Partnerships Team. This Partnership Manager role, reporting to the Senior Partnership Manager, will be crucial in the successful delivery of activations and campaigns for partners of the Club.
The West Ham United Partnerships team carry out a diverse range of activities to ensure the club is fulfilling its obligations to the existing partnership portfolio. As a result, we are looking for a candidate that is truly excited to help our partners achieve their goals. The successful candidate will be required to work irregular hours including weekends and bank holidays.
Working closely with the Senior Partnerships Manager and wider commercial team, the Partnership Manager will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with the Club’s partners ensuring effective rights delivery.
- Management and delivery of commercial rights
- Creation and development of marketing and activation plans
- Day to day account management of Club partners
- Delivery of matchday assets and obligations
- Develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders as well as
- senior officials and C-level executives
- Agency management
- Implement research and measurement programmes that demonstrate ROI to
- Creation and presentation of effective reporting materials
- Assisting the business development team by creating case studies and supplying appropriate data and insight
- Maintain knowledge of the latest industry standards and activity
- To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
- To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: - Essential (E) Desirable (D)
- Ideally be a graduate (or equivalent) with a proven marketing background (E)
- Significant experience of relevant sports marketing (E)
- Experience of managing a rights delivery programme, preferably in a sporting rights environment (E)
- Strong attention to detail, to produce work that is consistently accurate and fit for purpose (E)
- Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships with colleagues and clients (E)
- Excellent account and project management skills (E)
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills – specifically Excel (E)
- A desire to understand the UK and European football market (D)
- Self-reliance, drive, energy, innovation, creativity and a strong focus on delivery (E)
- Able to travel occasionally with regular weekend work (D)
- Enthusiastic with a strong team ethos and delivers under pressure (E)
- Positive outlook and looks for solutions when challenged (E)
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility (E)
- Values and respects others, builds relationships, collaborates (E)
- Outgoing and interested in brands, marketing and sponsorship (E)
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas and takes a proactive approach to tasks (E)
Due to a high number of expected applicants, only those successful will be contacted
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to begin the application. You will require a CV and Cover Letter
Applications close on 5th July 2022
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
and come back later!