West Ham United Football Club are seeking to recruit a Pre-Match Analyst, working on a full-time basis with the First Team primarily based at the Club's training ground. The successful candidate will work closely with the Analysis Department as well as the Manager and Coaching Staff.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of comprehensive analysis of future opposition to a variety of staff members and we require someone with a diverse range of technical and analytical expertise. The role will require to travel to West Ham United matches as well as potentially analyse the opposition live.
The ideal candidate will have an organised and calm approach to work and be able to deal with the time-pressured demands in an elite level environment. They will be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, display a high level of tactical knowledge and demonstrate the technical ability required to work with industry-specific software. Candidates should be forward thinking, having the ability to adapt and be innovative in relation to presentation of information. They should be self-motivated, committed and provide and maintain a high standard with the ability to work under time constraints, often with unsociable hours, as well as being able to build a rapport and function as part of the Analysis department and the backroom staff.
- Present detailed and informed opposition analysis through video, data and technical/tactical reports to the Manager, coaching staff and players.
- Analyse, interpret and report specific insights into individual patterns and trends of play
- Support the preparation for matchday and including the filming or coding of First Team Matches where required.
- Liaise with the first team coaching staff to produce specific details on opposition individuals, units and team.
- Support the response to ad hoc queries and requests from management, coaches and players as delegated by your line manager.
- Contributing to driving standards of practice within the performance analysis department, and throughout the Club.
- Being proactive in the organisation and implementation of performance analysis-based CPD learning activities within the Club.
- To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
- To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: - Essential (E) Desirable (D)
- Significant experience of analysis in a First Team professional sport environment. (E)
- Experience of providing live match analysis in a stadium environment. (E)
- Experience in understanding and interpreting data sets and implementing them back into the analysis workflow. (E)
- An excellent understanding and experience in the use of analysis software, (Hudl SportsCode, Studio, SBG Matchtracker, Second Spectrum, ISF StatsPerform, StatsBomb) editing and analysis techniques, and other associated 3rd party products (Keynote, Numbers, Excel, Tableu, Wyscout) (E)
- Coaching qualifications (FA/UEFA) (D)
- Attention to detail and the ability to communicate using a variety of presentation skills, including creation of video presentations and specified documentation whilst under extreme pressures and time constraints.
- Demonstrate a high level of tactical knowledge
- IT literate (Mac preferably) but also competent in the use of other visual resources
- Self-reliance, drive, energy, innovation, creativity and a strong focus on delivery (E)
- Enthusiastic with a strong team ethos and delivers under pressure (E)
- Positive outlook and looks for solutions when challenged (E)
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility (E)
- Values and respects others, builds relationships, collaborates (E)
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas and takes a proactive approach to tasks (E)
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to begin the application.
Applications close on 3rd July 2022
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
and come back later!