WRL Operations Manager
We are experiencing exciting growth in our game and need someone with dynamic energy to help us take the game and our community to the next level ! Could this be you?
Wellington Rugby League (WRL) is the Regional Sporting Organization (RSO) charged with leading, developing, promoting and fostering Rugby League in Wellington. WRL has built a strong and loyal following across the Wellington region. As an organization WRL plays an important role within the community by delivering on its strategic plan, WRL continues to build on its rich history and create a sustainable future for the game.
Our Vision: To enhance the mana and the hauora of our people.
Our Mission: To bring our communities together through rugby league.
Kia hoe ngātahi ki te pae tata : Let us Navigate Together to The Horizon
We are guided by our values
Whanaungatanga: Relationships Matter
Manaakitanga: We serve and look after our people
Whakakaha: We never give up
Whakamahi: We work hard
Whakapono: We work with integrity
The Operations Manager reports to the CEO and is responsible for leading the operations team and to engage with our communities to administer and facilitate Rugby League or Rugby League activities (local and representative) throughout the Wellington Zone. This role is also responsible for preparing evidence-based reports that will assist in developing initiatives for advancing the sport of rugby league and for reporting to New Zealand Rugby League (NZRL).
The key focus areas for this role are promoting and delivering on:
- A “Balance is Better “ approach at WRL https://balanceisbetter.org.nz...;
- Rangatahi – increased participation
- Women/Girls – increased participation and leadership
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Increasing Accessibility – with a focus on TAG as an accessible, modified version of Rugby League
Job tasks and responsibilities:
Provide line management leadership of the WRL operations team consisting of the Community Co-Ordinator, and the Engagement and Activations Co-Ordinator.
Club relationship management and support
- Work to assist clubs to build and embed sound processes and administrative practices that put people at the heart of everything we do
- Work closely with the CEO and Club Chairs to target priority areas of required focus and support for Rugby League according to the WRL Strategic Plan
- Ensure the effective preparation of draws and results.
- Management of all policies and procedures relating to competitions administered by WRL including the facilitation of the WRL Advisory Panel and as such the WRL By Laws and their annual review
- Review, approval and facilitation of all WRL sanctioned events and tournaments.
- Oversight of responsibilities relating to pre-season games and events.
- Preparation of regular reporting of information that supports the prioritization of capability activity in the Zone in particular the areas of focus identified above.
- Referees’ liaison with respect to competitions.
Match Officials Management
- Management of match managers.
- Develop and facilitate structures to support on-going match official education and mentoring.
- Recruitment of match managers and other volunteers to assist with the management of these competitions.
- Manage the logistical support of Wellington Representative team managers.
- Oversee the performance of Wellington representative team managers.
- Support the Community Co-Ordinator to prepare all WRL resource material for the representative programme.
- Ensure all representative policies and procedures are current and communicated.
WRL Stakeholder Engagement and Sustainability
Work in collaboration with the CEO to:
- Create an annual zone operating plan.
- Create opportunities to make WRL a sustainable operation
- Develop an Annual Stakeholder Engagement Plan
Introduction of TAG as a structured active recreation option for WRL Zone
- The Operations Manager will work with the WRL team and NZRL to introduce TAG to the Zone.
- The priority for TAG is to increase the number of participants each year – to increase the number of participants undertaking active recreation in the Zone
- The WRL TAG competitions will be inclusive and accessible for as many participants as possible, this may include creative options for grades and games. These options are likely to be uncovered after feedback is sought from all parts of our community both those involved in Rugby League already and those who may be interested in this active recreation option. For example Churches, workplaces, other sports clubs/ codes.
- The TAG competitions will be established in order to accommodate future growth
Skills and Experience
- People line management experience.
- A background in key relationship management and stakeholder engagement.
- Strong experience of working with Māori and Pasifika communities.
- Experience in using project management tools.
- High level of competency in using the Microsoft Office suite of tools.
- Experience/knowledge of creating competition draws structures and programs.
- Experience/knowledge of the sport sector.
- Experience in conducting high level report writing, including preparation and presentation of recommendations.
- Knowledge or experience in establishing systems and processes within a work environment
- An understanding of applying a holistic well-being approach to community sport
- Experience/knowledge of the “Sporty” platform would be an advantage.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date CV via 'Apply Now'
Closing date 5pm , 11th July 2022
and come back later!