Main Duties & Key Responsibilities
Wales Golf’s ability to make an impact is underpinned by effective communications. Our audiences include golfers of all ages and abilities, golf club managers, political and strategic stakeholders, commercial partners and potential golfers. We use a diversity of channels to communicate with these audiences with the purpose of both engaging as well as advising and informing.
The Communications Officer leads on the delivery of all communications in close collaboration and cooperation with the wider Wales Golf team.
- Increase awareness and visibility of Golf through clear and engaging messaging around the sport.
- Proactively manage and update the Wales Golf website and social media platforms with relevant, accurate and engaging content.
- Collaborate with the wider Wales Golf team to develop and implement a communications strategy and annual plan which delivers to key objectives.
- Work to, and as necessary, develop operating procedures, along with roles and responsibilities of all staff around communications
- Coordinate, commission and work with the freelance Wales Golf designer, press and Media consultant, photography and video, and commission additional agency and freelance support as necessary and appropriate.
- Manage the central communications budget in collaboration with the Operations and Handicapping Manager.
- Represent Wales Golf at relevant meetings and events.
- Managing publicity events.
- To promote equality and diversity throughout golf in Wales.
- Ensure that all activities undertaken are carried out to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism in accordance with Wales Golf’s policies and procedures.
- Any other reasonable management requests.
Job Advertisement – English
Role Description / Person Specification – English
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please download an application form.
Completed Forms should be returned via 'Apply Now'.
Applications close on 3rd March 2024
and come back later!