- To assist the Level 2 teacher for approximately three months. This will include accompanying the pupils in the water for a minimum of 8 hours per week, paid at a competitive rate.
- To demonstrate commitment and suitability to our Swim Scheme and in return Vision will fund and enroll you on a Swim England Level 1 Teaching Aquatics course.
- To teach your own classes under the supervision of a Level 2 teacher on poolside on completion of the Level 1 course.
- To offer exceptional customer service to all users at all times.
- Candidates need to be over 16 years of age, no qualifications are required.
- Candidates need to be able to swim and be deep water confident.
- To deliver safe, consistent swimming lessons under the supervision of a Level 2 swimming teacher in line with the Swim England National Plan for Teaching Aquatics and associated awards programme.
- To take every pupil’s needs into account, drawing on your knowledge of practices, progressions and teaching points, applying them in the most effective and appropriate way.
- To ensure through best practice that every pupil is made to feel safe and confident in their lesson.
- To be an Assistant Teacher who thrives on supporting pupils to achieve their maximum potential in their time with you.
- You will be approachable, friendly and able to exercise the patience needed to motivate and gain pupil’s trust. You will encourage pupils, offer praise and appropriate feedback.
- Have an understanding of Safeguarding & Protecting children & vulnerable adults. (We will arrange for you to complete online training if your application is successful).
- To comply with all Health and Safety legislation and be aware of your role in managing emergencies.
To request a copy of the job description and person specification, please email [email protected].
How to Apply
Please click "Apply Now” to begin the online application process.
and come back later!