Purpose of role
To provide strategic and professional leadership to shape and oversee the delivery of University of Nottingham’s ambitious Vison for Sport. As part of the department’s senior leadership team this post holder will be responsible for: setting standards that drive continuous improvement, providing expertise in their specialist area of work and fostering a high performing culture and team environment. They will also influence and develop the strategic positioning of the department through working with both senior internal and external partners and stakeholders.
(Primary accountabilities and responsibilities expected to fulfil the role)
- In conjunction with the senior management team, support the creation and implementation of the department’s strategic vision aligned to the university strategy.
- Lead and shape the strategic direction of participation, health & wellbeing, inclusion and welfare for University Sport and set professional standards and objectives for relevant areas.
- Represent UoN Sport strategically, both internally and externally, within the area of inclusive and participatory sport, professional development and health and wellbeing to develop its profile, influence and levels of engagement.
- Provide specialist knowledge to ensure a safe, robust and professional structure and environment that enables the participation team to deliver a broad and diverse range of programmes.
- Provide leadership on major projects and initiatives in the area of sport including the development of capital projects, multi-year funding bids and long-term partnership agreements.
- Provide expert advice, including strategic planning reports, business case justifications and wider market analysis, to support decision-making and recommendations on existing and future projects for the Department of Sport.
- Resolve problems where there is a lack of precedent and a requirement for innovation and creative thought to develop appropriate solutions.
- Develop and implement strategic objectives, programmes and KPI’s associated with the following project areas on behalf of the department.
- Inclusion Programme – Work strategically with the inclusion team to oversee the delivery of an inclusive sport and physical activity programme that aligns and supports the wider University EDI strategy. The programme has a particular focus on disability sport and engagement of black students
- Volunteering Programme - Strategically direct the development and implementation of the Leadership Academy which provides development and leadership opportunities for students and ensure this programme is aligned to the strategic direction of the Widening Participation and wider University civic outreach strategies.
- Sports Participation Programme - Provide strategic oversight and direction to the sport activation programmes for the university community that allow friendly access to social sport in a non-competitive environment. Key strands include the Just Play programme, the Sports Health & Wellbeing Package linked to Halls of Residence, the Intramural Sports Competitions, the Moves+ App and the staff sport offer.
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure opportunities to maximise benefits to other departmental and University programmes are identified and delivered.
Please click here for a full job description
How to Apply
Please click 'apply now' to begin the application process.
and come back later!