Duties of the Post:
- Engage new student tennis players through an innovative and flexible recreational offer, as well as providing more non-BUCS competitive opportunities for students to play more often
- Work with the Performance Tennis Coach to ensure there is a well-defined and accessible student-playing pathway that provides tennis opportunities for all ability levels.
- Develop employability pathways through ‘Chart Your Path’ for students studying at the University of Essex, providing on-campus opportunities to volunteer and coach.
- Increase revenue in line with Essex Sport business outcomes through tennis to safeguard and provide financial sustainability This includes head coaching duties for the Essex Sport community tennis programme; coaching sessions for a minimum of 5 hours a week, and providing exceptional and high standards of service delivery
- Lead on Essex Sport and LTA participation initiatives such Team Challenge, Fast4, LTA Youth Tennis for Kids and other recreational opportunities.
- Act as a key communication point between Essex Blades Tennis Club, student tennis community and sports development team.
- Manage relationships with the club committee and assist with the day-to-day management and development of the Essex Blades Tennis Club
- To support the Sports Development Manager to produce a termly report on tennis programme performance and develop systems for monitoring participation, competition, and retention.
- Liaise and develop strong working relationships with Essex Sport, Essex Blades Tennis Club, Local Community Clubs, Lawn Tennis Association (LTA), Active Essex, Local Authorities and internal University departments to support tennis programmers and initiatives.
- To work with the Sports Development Coordinator (Community and Schools) to establish a tennis outreach programme developing and servicing local partnerships within the community, particularly schools, clubs and educational establishments.
- To mentor, coach and guide LTA Ambassadors and volunteers within the programme.
- In collaboration with the UECS Marketing team, assist in promotion and marketing of the tennis programme off and on campus.
- It is a requirement of the post holder to be conversant with and work to Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy and Procedures
- Support the delivery of other Essex Sport projects and events, e.g., sports development activities, open days and welcome week
- To undertake other discreet areas of responsibility and/or specific projects as may be required and agreed from time to time by the Sports Development Manager
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Director of Sport or their nominee.
For a full job description, please click here
How to Apply
To begin the application process, please click 'apply now'
and come back later!