The Post Holder will support delivery of key areas of the Ulster Badminton Strategic Plan (2016-2022) in relation to supporting the Ulster Badminton Schools Programme, Good Relations Programme & Club Development.
They will be responsible for assisting with the design, implementing & Administration duties within the programmes to increased participation & Life long involvement in Badminton, increasing membership, specifically females, providing coaching/playing opportunities for people with Disability & social disadvantaged target groups within Ulster
The programme manager will continue to have the strategic lead for more overarching matters that involve the development of the above programmes and its future direction in line with the upcoming 2023-28 Strategy.
- To lead & Manage the Schools & Community Programmes including the Good Relation Programme, specifically:
- School Programme Timetabling- Communicating with schools to arrange coaching sessions within the Ulster Badminton Festival to Clubs Schools Programme.
- Community Project Timetabling- Working with Local Leisure Centres/ Facilities centre staff to organize summer scheme coaching programme/s & Community projects.
- Coach Communication and Allocation- Identifying were coaching support is required and Regular communication with project coaches for successful delivery of the project inline with the project Timetable.
- Data Capture- Responsible for ensuring all participant data is recorded along with Engagement/Satisfaction & Evaluation Forms, keeping records up to date at the end of each quarter.
- To help monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the programme against agreed targets
- To support the Club & Schools Officer to implement the Operational Plan for Club Development, Ulster Schools Programme, Good Relations Programme and Volunteer/Workforce Development within Ulster Badminton.
- To support the Club & Schools Officer in Data Information, including Club & Membership Database, Workforce Database & Volunteer Database
- Creation of School to Club Links- To support the work of Ulster Badminton in connecting school pupils/ Community participants to local clubs and liaising with club personnel on numbers attending club sessions
- To attend staff meetings as required.
- To attend appropriate meetings as directed by appointed Line Manager.
- To attend training courses as required by Ulster Badminton.
- Any other duties that may reasonably be undertaken in the pursuit of the overall objectives of the role, as deemed appropriate by Line Management.
The full job description and person specification available to download - DOWNLOAD
Hours: 37.5 hours per week.
Funding: The post is funded by Department for Communities ‘Start Here’ programme, delivered by the Rank Foundation.
Duration: Fixed Term until March 2025- Should further funding be confirmed, the contract for this post may be extended.
How To Apply:
Please download and complete the Application Form for this role and then click 'Apply Now' to email your completed form to our recruitment team. Please include Ref: PO/0721/ in the subject line of the email.
Information given will be used only for the purposes of this application and will be treated in a confidential manner. The application form will be part of the selection criteria. Illegible forms will be withdrawn.
Whilst the essential criteria of the Personnel Specification will be the basis for short-listing, elements of the desirable criteria may on occasions also be included. Forms that are illegible will not be included in the selection process.
- Applicants selected for interview may be required to complete a test.
- Please separate the monitoring form and the disclosure of criminal convictions form from the application form and place them in a separate envelope marked for the attention of the Monitoring Officer.
- Please note it is essential that applicants clearly demonstrate how they meet each criteria throughout the application form-It is not acceptable to simply restate the criteria.
Additional sheets will not be used for shortlisting.
and come back later!