UK Sport is the nation's high-performance sports agency. We work with the government and our partners to drive the continued success of British sports, both at home and on the world stage. Our mission is to create the greatest decade of extraordinary sporting moment; reaching, inspiring and uniting the nation. We invest in and support the UK's best athletes and National Governing Bodies to maximize their potential and achieve sporting excellence.
The legal team at UK Sport has an important role across all departments and areas of UK Sport’s work towards achieving its strategic goals. It’s an exciting opportunity of a talented and passionate individual who wants to contribute to the success of British sport.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual to boost the work of our tight-knit legal team. As well as working in the core legal areas of grant awards and contracts, the role has particular focus leading in the areas of integrity and employment.
Key Result Areas
- Advocate for cases brought before Independent Panels under the UK Sport Funding Eligibility Policy.
- Leading the legal advice regarding UK Sport’s work in how sports handle issues such as integrity, grievance or selection.
- Managing the legal aspect of UK Sport’s relationships with DCMS and other Government partners.
- Leading the relationship between the legal and HR teams.
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating or advising in relation to various types of agreements and contracts such as grants, research, confidentiality, goods services and supply agreements, and other documents such as policies or other business documents.
- Managing Company Secretarial duties.
- Managing contracts administration including maintaining and updating database records.
- Input to UK Sport’s data protection processes, engaging and upskilling other employees, and liaising with other teams such as IT.
- Taking the lead on internal projects and team priorities.
- Developing legal processes and establishing new ways of working for the team and the organisation.
Key Internal / External Costs
- Close working with legal team.
- Excellent approachability and trustworthiness for all other internal teams across the organisation including HR, Integrity and Sport/Athlete Investment.
- External contacts include DCMS; UKSI; Sport England; National Governing Bodies for sports; BOA; BPA; external legal advisors; Regulatory Bodies.
- Occasional out of hours work and some travel throughout the UK may be required.
- Normal working hours are 36 hours a week. You will be office based (at our London, Loughborough or Manchester offices) to provide the frontline legal service to the organisation, within the UK Sport Ways of Working Framework.
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin your application.
Click here for the full Job Description and Person Specification.
and come back later!