Who We Are:
UFC® is the world’s premier mixed martial arts organization (MMA), with more than 700 million fans and 243 million social media followers. The organization produces more than 40 live events annually in some of the most prestigious arenas around the world while broadcasting to over 900 million TV households across more than 170 countries. UFC’s athlete roster features the world’s best MMA athletes representing more than 80 countries. The organization’s digital offerings include UFC FIGHT PASS®, one of the world’s leading streaming services for combat sports. UFC is part of TKO Group Holdings (NYSE: TKO) and is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada. For more information, visit UFC.com and follow UFC at Facebook.com/UFC and @UFC on X, Snapchat, Instagram, and TikTok: @UFC.
Endeavor is a global sports and entertainment company, home to many of the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events, and experiences. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation through entertainment agency WME; sports operations and advisory, event management, media production and distribution, and brand licensing through IMG; live event experiences and hospitality through On Location; full-service marketing through global cultural marketing agency 160over90; and sports data and technology through IMG ARENA and OpenBet. Endeavor is also the majority owner of TKO Group Holdings (NYSE: TKO), a premium sports and entertainment company comprising UFC and WWE.
The Role and What You’ll Do:
At the UFC Performance Institute (UFC PI) we deliver performance-impacting physical preparation, sport science, and medical services to the world’s best MMA and combat athletes. Our core values are aligned to maximizing the health & wellbeing of UFC athletes, and to support athletes and coaches optimize their training, preparation, and ultimately performances in the octagon.
Aligned with the overall strategy of the UFC and the UFC Performance Institute (UFC PI) the Manager of Physical Therapy will be responsible for providing elite level physical therapy services to the athletes in the UFC PI - Shanghai. Additionally, this role will collaborate to develop best in class injury prevention, rehabilitation guidelines and return to play protocols for MMA athletes.
- Provisions elite level sports physical therapy services including evaluations, program planning and treatments that include manual, myofascial, modality and therapeutic exercise interventions.
- Integrates physical therapy services into a multi-disciplinary model of care that includes strength and conditioning, nutrition and mental services
- Assists with establishing physical therapy care guidelines and return to play protocols.
- Participates and assists in the development of support systems to aid in athlete assessments, and data collection and management.
- Cultivates relationships with athletes, coaches, and gyms to distribute evidence-based relevant information.
- Participates in on-going training with athletes, coaches, and UFC PI staff members to ensure continued professional development and adherence to professional codes of conduct.
- Performs other tasks, projects, and responsibilities as requested to establish a world class performance facility.
- Performs functions essential to the effective delivery of the Chinese Olympic Committee (COC) partnership.
- Works directly with Chinese Olympic athletes.
You Have These:
- Post Graduate Degree in Physical Therapy required.
- 3+ years of working with professional, high level collegiate/amateur or tactical athletes in an integrated performance environment preferred.
- Current physical therapy licensure in good standing within China preferred or demonstrate ability to obtain licensure required.
- Awareness and proven ability to effectively collaborate with strength & conditioning staff on both prevention, rehabilitation and return to performance efforts.
- Credentials focused on sport performance and sport rehab such as SCS, CSCS and ATC are highly preferred.
- Certifications in manual physical therapy and soft tissue/myofascial techniques are highly preferred
- Professional experience in contact sports required, combat sports preferred.
- Understanding of the demands of the MMA sport (i.e. physical, physiology, gender-specific, weight categories, weight management, travel requirements, etc.).
- Understanding of existing evidence-based research, and the implementation of new research areas to enhance the sport, athletes, and coaches.
Endeavor unites and brings people together in our love of sport, culture, and entertainment. We understand this can only be accomplished when we lead with a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. As a global company that drives culture, we strive to reflect the world’s diverse voices.
Endeavor is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to begin the online application.
Applications close on 1st March 2024