In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Who We Are:
UFC® is the world’s premier mixed martial arts organization (MMA), with more than 700 million fans and 243 million social media followers. The organization produces more than 40 live events annually in some of the most prestigious arenas around the world while broadcasting to over 900 million TV households across more than 170 countries. UFC’s athlete roster features the world’s best MMA athletes representing more than 80 countries. The organization’s digital offerings include UFC FIGHT PASS®, one of the world’s leading streaming services for combat sports. UFC is part of TKO Group Holdings (NYSE: TKO) and is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada. For more information, visit UFC.com and follow UFC at Facebook.com/UFC and @UFC on X, Snapchat, Instagram, and TikTok: @UFC.
Endeavor is a global sports and entertainment company, home to many of the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events, and experiences. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation through entertainment agency WME; sports operations and advisory, event management, media production and distribution, and brand licensing through IMG; live event experiences and hospitality through On Location; full-service marketing through global cultural marketing agency 160over90; and sports data and technology through IMG ARENA and OpenBet. Endeavor is also the majority owner of TKO Group Holdings (NYSE: TKO), a premium sports and entertainment company comprising UFC and WWE.
Strategy for Winning:
The goal of the UFC Performance Institute (UFCPI) is to deliver performance-enhancing physical preparation, sport science, and medical services to the world’s best MMA and combat athletes. Operating out of the 30,000sqft state-of-the-art UFCPI, our core values are aligned to maximizing the health and wellbeing of UFC athletes, and to support fighters and coaches in optimizing their training, preparation, and ultimately their performances in the octagon.
The successful candidate will join a world-class interdisciplinary team of service providers who have demonstrated their ability to deliver ‘world-leading’ support services to world-class mixed martial artists. Integral to the way in which the UFCPI works is an emphasis on developing the individual physical requirements of each athlete, with support staff working as a multi- disciplinary team in the pursuit of optimal performance. The UFCPI encourages innovative ways of thinking yet challenges staff to be accountable for their input, and to provide a robust link to performance in all that they do. Therefore, the post holder will be expected to understand the performance impact their work has on addressing the needs and demands of modern-day mixed martial artists.
- Works with the Performance Nutrition team to develop, implement and monitor innovative and evidence-based practical nutrition strategies tailored to the requirements of world-class MMA fighters.
- Actively promotes the importance of food to enhance performance. Manages food service both via the UFCPI fueling station and in association with the on-site kitchen.
- Liaises with in-house kitchen staff in coordinating meal planning and food delivery services to UFC athletes.
- Delivers individual and group nutrition educational sessions to world-class MMA fighters.
- Coaches athletes through longitudinal weight management, weight classification strategies, and weight cutting for the sport of mixed martial arts.
- Engages with and supports continuous athlete education relating to anti-doping and USADA testing procedures.
- Undertakes physiological assessments relating to performance nutrition; including DEXA, basal metabolic rate (BMR), and hydration monitoring.
- Strives to develop novel and innovative methodologies that serve to create world-leading working practices in the field of MMA-specific to nutrition.
- Ensures that the delivery of nutrition services effectively meets its commitment to athletes and coaches.
- Provides remote nutritional counselling through a variety of communication platforms to athletes situated around the world.
- Maintains a comprehensive, indexed database of work conducted with athletes and coaches.
- Works with other support staff to deliver an interdisciplinary approach to performance development.
- Where appropriate identifies and facilitates appropriate communication methods to inform and educate athletes, coaches and the Vice President of Performance in the effective use of performance nutrition for MMA.
- Participates in ad hoc projects and or applied research across the organization as appropriate.
- Within the rules of professional confidentiality, liaises with athletes, primary care managers, coaches and other support staff as appropriate.
- Other tasks, duties, and projects as assigned.
Skills & Experience:
- Graduate degree in Exercise Science, Nutrition, or another related curriculum required.
- 2+ years of experience in science, research, and sport nutrition fields.
- Practicing Registered Dietician (RD) or equivalent.
- Experience working effectively with athletes and coaches.
- Personal or professional experience in combat or contact sport is preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of the demands of the MMA sport (i.e. physical, physiology, gender-specific, weight categories, weight management, travel requirements, etc.).
- Understanding of existing evidence-based research, and the implementation of new research areas to enhance the sport, athletes, and coaches.
Endeavor unites and brings people together in our love of sport, culture, and entertainment. We understand this can only be accomplished when we lead with a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. As a global company that drives culture, we strive to reflect the world’s diverse voices.
Endeavor is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.