We require a trainer, who can coordinate and deliver on our accredited educational programmes up to level 2 and 3.
To deliver level 2 Customer Service to school leavers, as well as open to deliver on our functional skills programme teaching English and Maths.
There is also an opportunity to deliver on our secondary school programmes, focused on young people to develop their personal skills and positive attitudes to succeed in life.
At the Foundation, we believe in the immense power of our football club to transform people’s lives for the better. We work with a wide range of age groups from primary school children and their parents to older people living in sheltered accommodation. However, education and employment opportunities are at the heart of what we do.
Tottenham Hotspur Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Tottenham Hotspur Foundation acknowledges its duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory requirements and responsibilities, government guidance, recognised best practice and complies with Premier league and football league rules.
The Foundation expects all staff, players, volunteers, contractors and guests to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS) which will be paid for by the employer.
- To Coordinate and deliver customer service to participants 18+
- To be able to deliver Premier League Changemakers, which is a project developed to support girls and young women to develop their personal skills and positive attitudes for leadership.
- Be able to deliver functional skills for English and Maths.
- To ensure meticulous planning is conducted prior to each session that is delivered, with considerations being made for individuals’ needs and requirements.
- To deliver the highest possible quality of sessions, to a wealth of participants with varying abilities, needs and demands, in a variety of different environments, including:
- Group Interventions
- Educational sessions (Literacy, Numeracy and PSHE workshops)
- To deliver all elements of the Premier League Inspires project, designing and delivering engaging classroom activities to at-risk young people in secondary schools.
- Ability to work independently and in a team effectively.
- Ensure that all data is collected and processed correctly and accurately, is up to date and uploaded to our online monitoring system, SALESFORCE.
- To ensure all relevant qualifications are kept up to date.
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to this role.
- To be able to work flexible and unsociable hours where the role of the job requires.
- Comply with all THF and club policies, including health and safety.
- Promote Tottenham Hotspur Football Club in the Community and the THFC brand and ethos in a professional, strong and positive manner.
- To understand and implement the Charity’s Safeguarding policy, procedures, and best practice guidelines in your role. To use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to a safe environment.
- To familiarise yourself with My Concern, the platform we use for welfare and safeguarding concerns.
- Work alongside other team members to support in other areas of the organisation as and when required to promote best practice.
- A commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality and diversity training.
- Be committed to your own Continuous Professional Development with the support of the Foundation.
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
- Be approachable
- High level emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- High level communication (oral and written) and organisational skills
- Ability to manage classroom behaviour
- Calm under pressure
- Able to thrive in challenging circumstances
- Considerate towards others
- Be professional at all times.
Skills & Experience
An ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of delivering accredited programmes.
- PGCE, PTTLS Qualification or similar.
- Grade C or above in Maths/English GCSE.
- Experience of working with hard-to-reach young people.
- Experience of working on youth-based projects.
- Experience of delivering sessions to adults.
- Experience of working in a Secondary school setting.
- Full driving license and the use of a vehicle.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to monitor, evaluate and assess project performance.
- Excellent time management and timekeeping skills to be able to plan and regulate workload including the ability to prioritise demands and thrive under pressure.
- Right to work in the UK permit.
- A Higher-Level Teaching Assistant qualification or similar.
- Level 2 Award in Effective Mentoring Skills.
- Mental Health First Aid / Awareness certificate or similar.
- Experience of delivering activities and interventions to raise students’ aspirations, resilience and promote positive wellbeing.
- Experience of pastoral work in schools.
- Experience of working in the Charitable sector.
- Knowledge and experience of Safeguarding young people and vulnerable adults.
- Disability, Female and/or BAME specific coaching experience.
- An understanding of Haringey and the surrounding geographical areas.
- A positive attitude towards professional development and their own learning.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Safeguarding and First aid certificates or willingness to undertake training.
- Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work evenings, weekends
How to Apply
Please click "Apply Now” to begin the online application process.
Full Job description and Person Specification available here.
and come back later!