The Club is searching for an Academy Physiotherapist to join its Medical Team to work primarily with the U9-16’s squads although a considerable amount of cross over is expected across the whole academy. The successful applicant will join a leading and innovative medical team which strives to achieve optimal results in the areas of performance, physiotherapy and rehabilitation, while providing elite care for players.
This post will work on all areas of physiotherapy including working within a multidisciplinary team in our Academy which includes coaches, sport scientists, nutritionists, physiotherapists, psychologists, and doctors.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation
- Academy physiotherapist supporting provision of physiotherapy care to foundation phase and youth development phase academy players. To play a key role in the assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation of injured players. In the main, you will focus on the U9-16’s but will be required to work with other age groups.
- Attend Academy matches bother home and away, providing pitch side cover as required. Work closely with the coaching and sport science staff as part of an integrated performance team
- To work with the lead academy Physiotherapist in the further development and maintenance of injury prevention programs and work collaboratively with the medical and sport science department across the club to ensure a consistent philosophy and approach to rehabilitation.
- Ensure player’s parents are involved in and happy with ongoing issues and treatments as appropriate and to report any safeguarding concerns as appropriate and act on any concerns brough to your attention
- Uphold Club, Medical Department, health & safety, ethics and safeguarding protocols, acting as a role model to players and staff alike and reflecting the Club’s commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people (under 18s).
- Employ awareness of welfare issues, handling all matters with the utmost professionalism, diplomacy and sensitivity.
- Attend refresher and development training when necessary, e.g. safeguarding, health & safety and first aid.
- Be aware of emergency procedures and the Health & Safety at Work Act relating to the various sites.
- Communicate effectively with all key stakeholders, to include other Academy and Medical staff, players and parents and staff.
- Organise appropriate cover and casual staff as required.
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
- Passionate to be part of developing the next generation of Tottenham Hotspur Players and a demonstrable interest in the physical development of elite academy footballers.
- Committed, reliable and punctual
Skills & Experience
- Track record of commitment to relevant CPD
- Extensive knowledge of relevant pediatric pathology and its management
- Extensive knowledge of factors that can promote and inhibit development in academy footballers
- An outstanding academic and applied knowledge of contemporary practice in physiotherapy and rehabilitation with the ability to seek out and apply evidence based best practice
- Significant previous experience of working within an MDT
- A BSc or MSc degree level qualification in Physiotherapy
- CSP and HCPC Registered
- An extensive and up to date CPD portfolio.
- Current ATMMiF qualification desirable
- Current and valid driving licence
- 3-5 years post graduate experience and minimum 2 years in full time academy football
- Be a good role model for staff and players in the elite sport environment in terms of knowledge, behaviour and development
- Experience of working full time in a high-performance team environment
- Maintain high professional standards at all time and conform to expected behaviours in terms of clinical practice and confidentiality
- Be willing and able to travel away from home including to international tours and tournaments, an including weekends, bank holidays, and evening work
- Demonstrates good work ethic and high output
- CAT 1 academy Experience
- Experience of children’s physiotherapy in another environment
- Safeguarding is fundamental to the success in all that we do. Successful candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS check with child’s barred list
How to Apply
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to begin the application process.
and come back later!