As Travel Trade Manager you will work within the wider commercial team of Visitor Attractions and Events. You will be working in a fast-paced business, supporting a growing Visitor Attractions department in delivering best-in-class experiences across all attractions.
You will lead, plan, and deliver tourism-focused sales strategies, promote, negotiate, and assist in the sale of Visitor Attractions tickets and the promotion of the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium as an international visitor destination. You will work towards ambitious targets, managing your remit to deliver agreed sales and budget forecasts, and will play a vital role in the growth of the attractions at the Club.
This position is based in the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, it will require travel to domestic and international travel/tourism shows throughout the year.
- Develop, plan, and deliver a successful always on tourism-focused sales strategy, working with third party partners, the Marketing team, Commercial Manager Attractions and Events and Head of Attractions and Events
- To be responsible for delivering against sales targets and agreed KPI`s and delivering the trade sales budget across the year
- Manage, negotiate, and expand local and international partnerships, ensuring a strong travel trade presence that drives attractions ticket revenue including, but not limited to, Tour Operators, OTA channels, other ticket sales partners/channels, concierge/hotel partners and other tourism outlets.
- Work with B2B sales and distribution partners to execute tourism focused sales efforts, develop and drive revenue for FIT and groups products and create opportunities to target and increase new strategic business from the travel and tourism industry.
- Develop and deliver both short- and long-term strategies, for new attractions or products, playing an active role in any new attractions planning groups.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry partners, including but not limed to UKinbound, Visit Britain, ETOA and all key trade operators, groups, and education operators.
- Work with third party partners to identify, coordinate, schedule and attend international and domestic trade shows and represent Tottenham Hotspur Stadium where required. Complete all related follow-up post show as required.
- Report on sales progress, creating and maintaining relevant sales report, trends and opportunities.
- Take ownership of onboarding new attractions, work closely with the Senior VA Coordinator, the coordinator team and customer care team to ensure new suppliers are integrated well and the relevant teams understand sales channels and relationships.
- Manage and own all API connections with suppliers, working with relevant teams to set up and maintain.
- Proactively engage the VA Co-ordinator team, maintaining training on new partners, systems, and processes. Communicate with the wider team, highlight new partners, promotions, and relevant activity, ensuring a collaborative and cohesive working environment.
- Create and implement a training programme for travel professionals to provide knowledge about the experiences and relevant information to be able to successfully sell then.
- Work collaboratively with the Visitor Attractions Marketing team to produce and distribute trade focused sales materials
- Work with the Visitor Attractions Marketing team and explore opportunities for tour operator / B2B sales and marketing promotions and activity.
- Work with the finance team to ensure payments are paid on time and as contracted.
- Onboard, process and account manage trade partners from prospecting and contract negotiation, to maximising their sales potential
- Ensure the highest levels of cross club communication, aligning the needs of the attractions with the wider business activities.
- Represent the Visitor Attractions department at club wide meetings.
- Support in the development of new products by sharing feedback, requests, and leading on the customer journey aspects which support new products, such a loading products and customer communications.
- Draft customer and staff communications, working closely with customer care and marketing teams to sign off all customer facing communications.
- Proactively build strong working relationships within internal and external departments, building relationships and integrating organisational processes.
- Promote and embody the ‘Spurs Way’ culture and way of working.
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
- Strong communicator
- Thrives in a fast-moving environment
- Able to solve complex or pressured situations in a calm and effective manner
- Positive, can-do approach to work
- See’s the bigger picture, willing to try new things
Skills & Experience
- 5 or more years of working within the travel and tourism industry
- Experience using ticketing systems, API portals / channel manager, financial systems, or equivalents.
- Highly organised, able to plan own and others time effectively.
- Commercially focused, with the ability to identify revenue streams, opportunities, and partners.
- Strong presenting, upselling, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstratable experience of relationships building across multiple business areas.
- Experience working in a customer focused environment and delivering high levels of guest experience
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent literacy and IT skills
- Able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external stake holders
- Experience in developing and setting up workflows and SOP’s
and come back later!