Founded in 1882, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club is an English Premier League Club, based in North London, with a global following of millions.
Led by the late great Bill Nicholson, the Club became the first in England to win the League and FA Cup Double in 1961, and the first in the UK to win a European Trophy two years later. Spurs has since been home to some of the game’s great entertainers, including Jimmy Greaves, Glenn Hoddle, Paul Gascoigne, David Ginola, Gareth Bale, Heung-Min Son and Harry Kane.
In April 2019, the Club opened an iconic new stadium that sits at the heart of a £1billion sport-led regeneration of North Tottenham. The stadium is the largest football club stadium in London and is a multi-use venue with the ability to host a variety of events 365 days a year, including NFL, boxing, rugby, concerts and other major events, plus visitor attractions including Stadium Tours and the Dare Skywalk.
The stadium development scheme has to date created more than 4,000 new jobs for local people, with circa £300m pumped into the local economy each year.
Tottenham Hotspur has:
- A clear strategy to develop talent from within its Academy, showcased by a strong track record of Academy players graduating to the first-team squad.
- A £100m state-of-the-art Training Centre that supports the Club’s ambition to attract, develop and retain the best talent.
- Commercial partnerships with globally-recognised brands including AIA Group Limited (AIA), one of the world's leading providers of life insurance services, and Nike, the world’s leading sports footwear and apparel company
- A commitment to minimizing its environmental impact across Club operations, being named as the greenest in the Premier League for the past three years. Tottenham Hotspur is a signatory of the UN Sports for Climate Action Framework, committing to halve carbon emissions by 2030 and become net zero carbon by 2040
- An award-winning Foundation that is renowned for creating opportunities to help enhance the lives of people in its local community through education, employment, health and social inclusion programmes
We are recruiting a Customer Care Assistant, reporting into the Contact Centre Manager, to represent the Club in conversations across its diverse supporter base and handle a wide range of issues affecting those fans.
The successful candidate will have experience delivering excellent customer service, understand the supporter journey and current supporter politics, and ideally have experience working in a customer focused call centre environment.
All applicants should have enthusiasm and high customer service aspirations, and an understanding of how Customer Service has a very real impact on the overall customer matchday experience and a supporter’s affinity with the Club.
You’ll have a high work ethic and be able to support your team to achieve set targets, to ensure a first-class customer service experience across the entire Club.
The normal duties of this role will involve the requirement to work shifts which may include early starts, late finishes, weekends, bank holidays and matchday working.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
- Provide first class customer service and share workload when handling enquiries via telephone, email, chat and in person, concerning Tickets, Retail, Visitor Attractions and Matchday, to represent the Club in a positive manner within agreed service levels.
- Be target driven and responsible for individual performance, such as First Contact Resolution (FCR) targets with the aim to reduce the number of queries that need to be escalated.
- Proactively assist customers with enquires using The Club's communication channels. (Telephone Line/Email and Live Chat)
- To respond to complaints in an efficient and constructive way, looking for solutions and ensure solutions meet customer service expectations.
- Ability to build strong working relationships (internal/external)
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Committed, hardworking, with a flexible attitude
- Able to work under pressure whilst maintaining standards and a positive attitude
- High attention to detail
- Highly organised, methodical, proactive and self-sufficient
- Committed to Equality & Diversity
Skills & Experience
- At least 12 months experience working within a customer service team (call centre or within a retail environment) with experience of deescalating complaints
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, tailoring own style according to audience.
- Excellent proven face-to-face customer service experience.
- Has innovated and delivered initiatives to improve the customer service experience
- The ability to compose unique correspondence in a pressured environment
- Excellent general IT literacy
How to Apply
Please click "Apply Now” to begin the online application process.
Full Job description and Person Specification available here.
and come back later!