We are looking to recruit a variety of people into data entry roles for Wimbledon 2024 working across our official venues: Qualifying Competition at Roehampton and The Championships at The All England Lawn Tennis Club.
What are we looking for?
Our values of Heritage, Integrity, Respect and Excellence are at the heart of everything we do. We are looking for individuals who can display these when working with us at Wimbledon.
- A sound knowledge of the game of tennis is essential.
- Requires previous playing experience ideally one of the following:
- minimum of 3.1 LTA rating
- 20.0 women - WTN
- 15.0 men - WTN
However, consideration will be given to those who do not have the relevant rating, providing they can demonstrate their skill and knowledge.
- All Candidates should also regularly represent their county, country, college, university or club and have done within the past 5 years.
- Strong attention to detail and sound judgement in complex decision making.
- Ability to maintain a high level of concentration and attention to detail over an extended period.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure with the minimum of supervision.
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude with a willingness to work extended shifts often up to 12 hours, for the fourteen days of the Championships
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old by 21st June 2024.
- Candidates placed on the shortlist will be notified via email. All shortlisted candidates will be invited to a telephone or video call interview. Due to a high volume of applications, unfortunately if you are not contacted, this means you have not been successful on this occasion.
- Interviews will take place before February 2024. Candidates put through to the next stage will be notified as soon as possible thereafter.
- Data Entry will be carried out at both Wimbledon Qualifying, Roehampton (24th June – 28th June 2024) and The Championships, at All England Lawn Tennis Club (1st July – 14th July 2024)
- Applicants must have unrestricted availability over the period of Wimbledon Qualifying and The Championships and be flexible with regard to working hours. Following the interview, successful candidates who are put through to the next assessment steps must be able to commit to attending 1 or 2 compulsory training days held at the All England Club, Wimbledon throughout March, April and May 2024.
- Please note that it is not possible to grant time off during Qualifying and The Championships unless in the case of an emergency. For the avoidance of doubt graduation ceremonies, college balls, weddings, family parties and other similar events do not count as an emergency. We cannot grant time off for any of these types of events.
- All team members who are selected for Qualifying will be required to attend a day long dress rehearsal on Friday 21st June and for all team members who are selected for The Championships at The All England Club this will be on Friday 28th June. Attendance is mandatory.
- Please be aware that long working hours are often necessary throughout the period of Qualifying and The Championships although some jobs will operate on a shift basis.
- You are advised that information and documentation provided as part of your application for temporary employment at Qualifying and The Championships may be shared with the Police, the UK Home Office and other law enforcement agencies in order to protect the security of those working and/or visiting The Championships.
What we can offer you:
- Rates of pay are variable but within the region of £125 per day.
- Where appropriate, a uniform will be provided.
- You'll be provided with a daily food allowance.
- Valuable experience working at a world class sporting event.
- The opportunity to return to work at Wimbledon if you receive positive feedback in your first year.
Data Entry Statistician
What you'll be doing:
- Reports to Data Entry Supervisor.
- Working alone, as a pair, or in a team of three across all 18 Championship courts.
- Positioned in courtside locations, responsible for entering live point-by-point data into laptops using purpose built tennis software.
- Ready to switch to manual tick-sheet entry as a contingency when required.
- Reports all issues / technical concerns to IBM Operations Room & DE Supervisor via communications headsets.
All successful candidates will be trained in all elements of data collection and will be required to be equally proficient in any of the above-mentioned skills.
TV Graphics Operator
What you'll be doing:
- Works alongside a TV Director.
- Ensure score is checked and updated and to be able to follow the broadcasting rundown.
- To be able to make decisions quickly and carefully, demonstrating the important statistics throughout the tennis match.
- Must be able to work efficiently and accurately to provide viewers with interesting and important stats that enhance the commentator's input.
- Responding to commentator requests.
- Must be able to work quietly and respectively whilst on headsets to various parties.
- Reports any issues / technical concerns to Operations Room & TV Graphics Supervisor via communications headsets.
- Knowledge and understanding of the full broadcasting graphics package. This includes proof checking and preview to ensure optimum graphics are used.
- A key knowledge of the game, speed, accuracy, good communication skills and high level of concentration is essential.
- Previous experience on Data Entry team or similar broadcast experience.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to begin the online application.
Applications close on 8th January 2023
and come back later!