To help drive forward the success and exceptional reputation of Edinburgh University Sports Union (EUSU) by providing administrative support to the staff and Club Committees of EUSU with particular emphasis on upholding efficient office administration, transport, membership system control and developing processes and procedures for Clubs. Working as part of the Sport Coordinator team overseeing transport and administration, delivering the wider aims of EUSU.
- Provide an effective service and clear advice to clubs and other staff members on transport procedures and bookings. Supporting the education of drivers and ensuring safety.
- Coordinate transport bookings for all Clubs (buses & hire vehicles), maximising efficiency of all BUCS bookings. Planning and prioritising activities to ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensure Vehicle Insurance is processed for vehicle hire and manage the collation of authorised drivers’ forms for the University, and liaise with the University Insurance Department on any accidents.
- Fully coordinate minibus tests and AA online driving platform, collating and recording all necessary information.
- Liaise with Edinburgh Coach Lines and Arnold Clark to assure best deals and maintain relationships.
- Provide reports on transport bookings, incidents and finances.
- Support the strategic direction of transport provision and education.
- Provide effective office administration, to support existing systems and processes, ensuring everything is carried out efficiently
- Support the organisation of internal and external activities & events, collating and recording defined information documentation as requested, to ensure activities are administered efficiently
- Distribution of information to Club Officials & Committees, responding to and resolving enquiries
- Provide timely responses and resolutions to general queries from members and general public through the Sports Union generic email account
- Support clubs with bookings (rooms, after match meals, etc.)
Databases & Inventories (10%)
- Ensure the collation of the EUSU Calendar is produced in a timely fashion and to a high quality, and up to date on membership site.
- Collate and maintain EUSU data, including; Sports Membership data, HEAR reports, Edinburgh Award, Approved Coaches & Volunteers, Archives & Cataloguing, risk assessments & email distribution lists, all through MSL (membership system / EUSU website)
- Ensure all Clubs have up to date Safety Policies and Inventories
Policy & Procedures (5%)
- Support Clubs in their AGM process ensuring all Clubs submit up to date constitutional changes & minutes
- Ensuring the booking of meeting facilities for EUSU Committee meetings and CVA events
- The timely circulation of information (agenda, minutes & papers), the identification of attendees and effective communication with all EUSU Committees
- Support committee chairs with admin and preparation for all meetings
Meetings & Events (5%)
- Attend events, meetings and any other committees meetings as directed by line manager
Planning & Organising
- Maintaining and updating arrangements for transport bookings, driving tests and club procedures on an ongoing basis in a well-ordered and efficient manner.
- Providing support to EUSU Club Committees when required
- Supporting EUSU Staff in arranging and delivering events / campaigns / communications and improvements, often 6 months ahead, in support of EUSU activities.
- Organising and prioritising own workload on a monthly basis to achieve overall agreed priorities, while remaining flexible to respond to unexpected events and adjusting priorities as required, in consultation with Sports Programme Manager.
- Assisting with member enquiries, complaints, concerns, feedback, to determine appropriate course of action, whilst maintaining confidentiality where required.
- Adopting a flexible and practical approach to competing demands of Clubs to meet their requirements.
- Liaising with EUSU staff to resolve any scheduling issues (transport bookings, match timings, availability of facilities) to uphold a high level of member satisfaction.
- Following policy/procedures in dealing with Club/customer enquiries to ensuring a smooth and efficient office environment.
- Meeting regularly with line manager to agree priorities (daily, weekly, monthly) and to find better ways of working, but planning and prioritising own work activities day-to-day.
Qualifications and attainments
- Educated to Degree level
- Full, clean driving licence
Work and other experience
- Experience in office administration
- Basic knowledge of British/Scottish Student Sport
- Knowledge and experience of working with databases and other office systems and procedures.
- Experience in sport administration
- Experience of a working in a Student Sporting environment
- Experience of coordinating transport bookings
- Track record of working with partners organisations
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Competent level of IT competency (word, excel, power point, outlook, website & wiki management and publisher).
- Accuracy and ability to prioritise tasks within a routine.
- Ability to exchange basic information verbally or in writing.
- Developed interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Specialist or advanced knowledge of IT packages/systems
- Experience of University driving procedures
- Ability to write reports
- Ability to have flexible working hours with occasional evening and weekend work
- Desire to achieve results.
- Focussed, organised, flexible and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Passion for sport and physical activity
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and written
- Interest in, and knowledge of University sport and physical activity
How to Apply
Please click "Apply Now” to begin the online application process
Full Job description and Person Specification available here.
and come back later!