To provide exceptional customer service to The R&A Championship events, through the storage and distribution of its physical assets in a timely manner, ensuring the Championship events meets their operational objectives. To support the wider business with mailroom, storage and distribution services, in a timely manner.
- Support our Championships by managing the distribution and collection of physical assets to various Championship venues throughout the UK to ensure the success of each event.
- Lead, manage and develop the warehouse team, with responsibility for the co-ordination and delegation of workload throughout the team in order to make operational efficiencies.
- Oversee warehouse operations, through goods receivable, warehousing, distribution and management of pool cars, stock control and reconciling data against that on the system to ensure that stock levels are kept at a reasonable level.
- Produce reports on pool car mileage, goods in/out and on stock control. Communicating effectively with other departments within the organisation on relevant stock levels, to inform on purchasing decisions.
- Adhere to and enforce health and safety requirements, with support from other departments in line current legislation, policies and procedures.
- Support key internal stakeholders by providing an effective delivery of pool cars, packages, mail, goods and services in a timely manner as well as supporting the facilities department with general maintenance.
- Act as a point of escalation for the team and take further action when required. Ensuring that feedback is received and distributed appropriately to improve the quality of service provided.
- Develop and maintain a data retention and destruction policy in line with GDPR and the wider organisation’s requirements and identify opportunities to clear aged stock.
- Experience of working in a warehouse environment, preferred SVQ in warehouse management or supervision.
- Organisational skills, ability to manage, co-ordinate and delegate effectively.
- Experience of managing a team of more than 3 employees.
- Proven track record of first class customer service.
- Strong health and safety bias with awareness of relevant legislation.
- Experience of stock control system and data reporting.
- Forklift license is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Ability to work within tight time frames during busy periods using a professional manner to keep all relevant stakeholders informed.
- Ability to use initiative and work independently to deadlines.
- Creative thinker.
- Adaptable and calm under pressure.
Please download the full job description here.
How to Apply
Please click 'Apply Now' to begin the application process.
Please note that we are unable to provide sponsorship for a work visa so candidates should ensure they already have or are able to obtain the right to work in the UK before applying.
and come back later!