Established in 1901, The PGA’s mission is to improve the personal and professional lives of its’ Members through its’ strategic principles of providing world class services, influencing and delivering through its Members and delivering exceptional prestige standards. The PGA is seeking to recruit a Tournament Controller (fixed term) to support the Tournament Director in effectively planning and delivering the Regional and County tournament schedules on a daily basis for Members throughout the East Region. Administration, delivery and activation of events. Combining this function with National Tournaments where appropriate.
About Our People and our Culture:
Our values of being professional, respectful, supportive and acting with integrity are reflected in our people and at the heart of all we do. Our tradition and heritage are important as we embrace new ways of working. Eligible to work hybrid, must be flexible to work weekends and public holidays.
What We Offer:
Up to 25+ days annual leave and a holiday purchase scheme; Pension Scheme with a 5% Employer Contribution; A company car; After a qualifying period access to our Private Medical Insurance, Group Income Protection Scheme, Life Assurance and Company Sick Pay Schemes; 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for your mental, financial and physical wellbeing; Access to tailored learning opportunities though our bespoke platform; and a discount scheme offering savings on shopping, leisure and dining.
To act as an ambassador of The PGA at all times, promoting key organisational messages and always presenting the Association, PGA Members, partners and golf in a positive light.
- Support the Regional Manager and Tournament Director by delivering all tournaments in line with PGA standards, company policy and tournament policies
- Conduct planning meetings and course inspections for each tournament
- Record and distribute meeting minutes and reports, ensuring all tournaments are adequately planned and resourced to meet the standards and expectations of PGA Members, host venues, amateur golfers and sponsors/partners
- Prepare local rules and all relevant tournament paperwork/organise administration and delivery of tournament days
- Collate and post results, conduct prize givings/presentations
- Work with the Regional Manager to deliver all press & PR as agreed for the tournament
- Co-ordinate tournament support equipment
- Deploy the required tournament staff and ensure PGA and Customer Service standards are met, and health and safety and driving for work legislation and guidelines are adhered to (including the completion of Golf Facility risk assessments)
- Driving the tournament vehicle to and from events, as and when required.
- Operate and maintain tournament management software (BlueGolf) and ensure the accuracy of administrative and public facing information regarding tournaments
- Ensure standard operating procedures are followed for all tournament activity
- Communicate with Members, golf clubs and sponsors, as appropriate
- Play an active role in the achievement of Regional KPIs
Role Requirements: Education/Qualifications/Key Competences/Personal Profile:
- Good knowledge of the game and structure of golf
- Working towards or having passed PGA/R&A Rules exams
- Fluency using Microsoft Office and BlueGolf (desirable)
- Excellent administration, planning and oranisational skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- First aid qualification (desirable)
- Flexiblity to spend periods of time away from home is essential for the role
How to Apply:
- Request a job description from [email protected] the job description will provide you with further details about the role.
- Please click 'Apply Now' to email your CV with a cover letter that very clearly details how you meet the role requirements listed above and those within the job description. Your covering letter is an important part of the application process and provides you with an opportunity to set yourself apart from other applicants.
The closing date for applicants is 12 noon, 17 February 2023. Interview date to be confirmed. If you need any adjustments or additional support with your application please let us know.
and come back later!