Established in 1901, the pga’s mission is to improve the personal and professional lives of its members through its strategic principles of providing world class services, influencing and delivering through its members and delivering exceptional prestige standards. as part of the benefits of membership, we provide playing opportunities for our members through a comprehensive schedule of regional and national tournament events, which are delivered globally.
About our people and our culture:
Our values of being professional, respectful, supportive and acting with integrity are reflected in our people and are at the heart of all we do. our traditions and heritage are important as we embrace new and progressive ways of working. many of our roles offer some flexibility and we offer hybrid working across many of our departments.
What we offer:
up to 25+ days annual leave plus bank/public holidays and a holiday purchase scheme; pension scheme with a 5% employer contribution. after a qualifying period access to our private medical insurance, group income protection scheme, life assurance and company sick pay schemes; 24/7 employee assistance programme for your mental, financial and physical wellbeing; access to tailored learning opportunities though our bespoke platform; and a discount scheme offering savings on shopping, leisure and dining.
To provide comprehensive administration to support regional activity including:
- responsible for overall event administration in the office environment and assisting with the supervision of both full time and seasonal staff in their day-to-day business of office and field administration, prior to tournament handovers.
- responsible for the day-to-day set up and use of tournament management software (blue golf) and auditing the set-up of all pga events within the region, including implementation of any corrections.
- providing blue golf technical support to pga regional and county staff where needed within the bounds of pre-determined support procedures.
- ensuring all pre-event administration deadlines are set and met, including closing dates, closing date reminders, entry approvals, processing of entry fees and publication of starting times, prior to tournament handovers.
- coordinating the dispatch of incoming and outgoing correspondence for the department including post, closing date reminders, member communications and contract mailings, wherever possible using emails, sms and other modern and relevant tools.
- in the absence of the regional manager, assist with the general maintenance of the office including, organising reparation of general items such as broken windows, ensuring drains and toilets are free-flowing, alarm testing is carried out etc.
- responsible for the stock levels of stationary, administration equipment and tea/coffee etc., including petty cash.
- responsible for the security and storage of confidential, personal, and sensitive information and cheque payments.
- compiling tracked entry reports against pre-determined targets and coordinating pre-planned measures of promotion to meet or exceed targets.
- ensure the accurate and timely processing of entries (and entry approval as entry conditions require) and the successful reconciliation of fees with pga accounts.
- overall administration of tournament regulations in relation to fines, withdrawal fees, (including those generated in the field), and the overall timely management of the provision of information for member disciplinary procedures and assisting with the production of disciplinary letters
- ensure the timely production of prize fund schedules for approval by the regional manager, and necessary liaison with pga accounts.
- track the use of sms facilities through blue golf and ensure standardised and appropriate use of this facility.
- responsible for blue golf preparation, competitor approval, accounts, and invoicing in relation to overseas pro-ams.
- coordinate accurate and relevant statistics relating to tournaments and that these records are maintained to annual deadlines and developed where necessary.
- ensuring the pga regional office is tidy, presentable and in a good state of repair.
- responsible for achieving specific objectives of the department as defined by the regional manager.
- assist with other general office duties (photocopying, filing, post, word processing etc) as defined by the regional manager or their designated deputy.
- to assist pga north regional staff and other regions in the uk in the field at any pga administered event.
- to assist the regional manager in the implementation and assistance of regional and county meetings including taking and circulating minutes and preparing and circulating agendas.
- handling general telephone, email, letter and face to face enquiries, telephone answering and reception duties where appropriate.
- ensuring minimum standards of customer care are maintained, implemented and monitored for administration activities.
Role Requirements: Education/Qualifications/Key competences/Personal profile:
- excellent it/admin skills including microsoft office
- gcse or equivalent in english and mathematics to demonstrate a good level of numeracy and literacy
- experience in database management (blue golf), minute taking and a knowledge of the game of golf are advantageous
- ability to work as an individual or in a team
- flexibility and excellent organisational skills
- able to plan and prioritise work against strict deadlines
- focused with a good attention to detail and a proactive attitude to problem solving
- excellent communication and customer care skills
Whilst this is a permanent, full-time role (35 hours/week) with the core hours of the business being 9am to 5pm monday – friday, occasional weekend, evening and/or bank holiday working is essential to fulfil this role. being able to travel (occasionally internationally) whilst spending some time away from home is a must.
How to Apply:
1. Please click 'Apply Now' to request a job description from Jennifer Hewison - the job description will provide you with further details about the role.
2. Send your CV with a cover letter that very clearly details how you meet the role requirements listed above and those within the job description.
Your covering letter is an important part of the application process and provides you with an opportunity to set yourself apart from other applicants. The closing date for applicants is 12 noon, 31 March 2023. Interview date to be confirmed.