About The Role
World leading intelligence to amplify training and competition performance is a critical enabler to the performance teams’ mission of becoming one of the most respected nations in the world for player development. Specifically, we focus on:
- Understanding the ‘Insights into the game’ to underpin our decision-making regarding player selections, programme investments and knowledge of the global standards associated with the development of elite players.
- Using relevant data and technology approaches to amplify our players’ training and competition performance.
This unique position is integral to this ambition, with two primary role responsibilities:
- Optimise new and existing data pipelines, with a focus on solutions to improve both the quality and quantity of our available data, and the ‘speed to insight’ within training and competition.
- Answer relevant performance questions using contemporary data approaches across our performance pathway. The ability to design actionable dashboard solutions which deliver meaningful and long-term intelligence to our coaches and decision makers is critical.
Working across a range of different departments, the role will offer an exciting opportunity to have impact across a diverse portfolio of data projects. Collaboration with coaches and effective people skills will be key to success in role.
We are looking for:
- An enthusiastic and creative problem solver who wants to grow with us, work in a unique and diverse elite sport’s setting, and be a central driver on our ‘data journey.’
- Someone who enjoys working both independently, and within a small dynamic team to support the needs of our players, coaches, and strategic decision makers.Being innovative, working collaboratively across functions, and being able to simplify data workflows to ‘add value’ are critical.
- A person who thrives at optimising data pipelines, often developing these from the ground up, and who is comfortable handling unstructured and messy data sets. A mindset to pilot, iterate and problem solve to effective desktop solutions is vital.
- Outstanding technical skills in Microsoft Power Query, Power BI, Python and HTML Webscraping to deliver simple bespoke ‘desktop’ solutions and develop our ability to be ready to migrate to cloud-based workflows.
How To Apply:
Please click 'Apply Now' to begin the online recruitment process.
The LTA, through Its vision “Tennis Opened up”, is committed to creating a diverse environment where all colleagues feel included and a strong sense of belonging. We are proud to actively invite applications from all candidates who meet the essential criteria and are able to work in the UK, and we commit that everyone will receive equal consideration for employment irrespective of your disability, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, or age.
and come back later!