About the role
The LTA’s vision is “Tennis Opened Up” and its mission is to make tennis Relevant, Accessible, Welcoming and Enjoyable. The Major Events and Digital Transformation Team are responsible for delivering the LTA’s programme of events driving visibility and enjoyment to new and existing audiences.
The Event Coordinator will play a vital role in supporting and account managing the delivery of the accreditation elements for all Major Events, with specific support on the cinch Championships held at the Queen’s Club, providing support to the team for the successful delivery of the new TMS system.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manage the delivery of the Queen’s stewarding program, managing correspondence with the stewarding workforce ensuring they receive the appropriate information, and providing answers to their queries
- Collate uniform requests, and allocate kit to all staff members managing the process of distribution at the tournament site
- Research and purchase uniform as directed by the Event Manager, ensuring best value for the items, but that they also comply with any commercial requirements.
- Work with the Event Manager and Head Steward on the planning for the stewarding training programme, liaising with other people on site to organise schedules and briefing timings, as well as producing the Stewards Manual
- Assist the Head Steward with deployment of workforce on site, including scheduling, rota’s and steward briefings.
- Provide support to the team in other areas of event delivery as directed.
- To build, manage and maintain strong inter-departmental relationships and communication within the organisation and work in partnership with other team members
- To provide outstanding customer service to tennis stakeholders and visitors, responding quickly with true personal ownership and responsibility in a world class working environment
- To build, manage and maintain strong relationships with external contacts, suppliers and stakeholders
- To be an ambassador for the vision of the LTA both internally and externally, communicating and promoting the vision and direction of the LTA with passion
- To cooperate with measures introduced to ensure there is Equality or Opportunity
- To comply with all aspects of the LTA’s Health and Safety Policy and arrangements
The LTA, through its vision “Tennis Opened up”, is committed to creating a diverse environment where all colleagues feel included and a strong sense of belonging. We are proud to actively invite applications from all candidates who meet the essential criteria and are able to work in the UK, and we commit that everyone will receive equal consideration for employment irrespective of your ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, disability or age. We also operate a flexible working environment where all colleagues are able to discuss their working needs with their manager or the People Team at any time.
and come back later!