Due to expansion within the team, we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced IT professional to join the IT Team as Network Manager. This role will be responsible for the operation, performance, and security of the local and wide area networks and associated infrastructure across the group.
- To own the network infrastructure across the group, including switches, routers, cabinets, firewalls, monitoring systems e.t.c, ensuring that 3rd party management of the network is appropriate and in line with SLA’s
- Network Service Management - Providing regular network service reviews to evaluate the network providers performance. This will include achievement against contractually agreed SLAs, incident register, risk register, escalations and contract breaches
- To manage, develop and motivate the Network & Security Analyst
- To define and deliver a long term plan for network investment, including hardware replacement and software upgrades. To work with network vendors and suppliers to ensure that a clearly outlined roadmap of future developments is delivered
- To provide 2nd/3rd line support to the Service Desk team and the Technical Manager to help troubleshoot and resolve issues and problems, acting as an escalation point for issue management and resolution
- Support tender process for refresh of technology as required (to include LAN support, WAN, (both wires only and/or managed) and Wifi, including content management, guest portal and data capture
- To provide operational support and point of presence at major events such as the Cheltenham Festival, Epsom Derby and Aintree Grand National. Working with on-site Operations teams to ensure that temporary infrastructure and networks are installed in a timely fashion
The successful candidate will;
- Possess an IT related degree or equivalent
- CCNP/CCNA Networking qualification
- Have previous experience with Routing and Switching and also with MPLS/WAN
- Have experience with Multi-site MPLS Network and VPN Management
- Have previous experience with managing external suppliers and multiple internal stakeholders
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be self motivated and able to work under pressure
The successful candidate will be required to work evenings and weekends to support racing when necessary. There will be travel required across the UK & will be on call on a rota basis (1 week in 4) 5.30pm to 10pm weekdays and 8am - 6pm weekends.
How to Apply
Please click 'Apply Now' to begin the application process.
The closing date for applications is 5th December. We reserve the right to bring this date forward should we receive a large volume of applications.
At The Jockey Club people are at the heart of what we do and drive our success. We are inclusive and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. Diverse, collaborative teams are pivotal to our success and support the potential and growth of all our people
and come back later!