The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
The FA is seeking a talented digital product manager to manage the delivery of its digital media products, drive its growth, optimise the content offering and maximise the wider benefits to The FA and its stakeholders.
- Account manage the platform's technical provider and ensure all contractual elements are delivered
- Oversee the FA Player weekly broadcast and content plan
- Ensure relevant and timely reporting and communication with all internal and external stakeholders, including FA management, clubs, production partners, broadcast and commercial partners
- Work with our marketing team to drive growth in user awareness, registration and consumption
- Work with our digital technology team around consumer data integration
- Strategically plan functionality roadmap in line with related industry standards and audience expectations
- Monitor trends and competitor activity to help influence both short term tactics and long-term direction
- Budget management
- Analyse weekly audience consumption data across all live and video on demand (VOD) output, leading to informed insight and content optimisation
- Work with the media rights team on ensuring our rights portfolio is optimised alongside linear, traditional media distribution
- Help shape the long-term strategy of the platform including content, monetisation and commercial partner integration
New Product Development
- eSports – lead the requirements development and product delivery of new FA Cup eSports platform
- Metaverse / Web3 – lead the requirements development and project manage any potential metaverse delivery opportunities including multiparty systems to extended reality
- Consumer Data Strategy – work with internal departments and stakeholders to ensure FA digital media products are developed with the ability to capture consumer data that can be integrated into a unified consumer profile
- Oversee procurement of production partners and development of the content offering
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
What we are looking for
- OTT product experience, either via a rights-holder product, a technical provider or broadcaster
- In depth experience of digital media and technology
- Understanding of content consumption through digital platforms
- Project management and product development
- Ability to create presentations and present to a wide range of key stakeholders
- Ability to deliver and manager shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Analytical and problem-solving capabilities with a can-do mentality
- Attention to detail and ability to interact and communicate with team members
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and resolve difficult situations and problems creatively
- Strong sense of organisation.
- Strong service- and results-orientation
- Rigorous professional ethics; sense of initiative; ability to work in a dynamic environment and still respect deadlines
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that unless you are on a homebased contract, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to begin the application.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.
and come back later!