HAVE THE DIGITAL WORLD AT YOUR FEET
Technology is key to the FA's transformation. From supporting grassroots via our day-to-day digital presence, to using data-led insights to drive the game – to developing future focused platforms for professional football – our Digital Technology team is central to our future.
Whilst investment in technology to make the experience of all participants relevant and easy, is already at the heart of how we can serve the game, we are looking to invest even further and deliver in a more iterative way, forming product lines and fully moving towards an Agile, Product Management framework.
By 2024, we will upgrade and simplify our core football administration system (moving from Whole Game System to Platform for Football) and provide enhanced capability to England teams.
Our product lines cover all those that RUN, PLAY, LEARN as well as our responsibility to REGULATE, WIN and leverage DATA whilst also ensuring sufficient focus on the CORE BUSINESS online and PLATFORMS that support each product and service across the organisation.
Join us in helping to DECIDE THE GAME and HAVE THE DIGITAL WORLD AT YOUR FEET.
The Role and Key Accountabilities
Leads and conducts functional, integration, system and data Test Analysts in testing and quality assurance activities within an assigned Product area to ensure that the quality, reliability, integrity and performance of The FA's products and services meet the needs of our users and stakeholders.
- Lead and mentor third party testers on multiple projects to deliver successful products to FA customers.
- Oversee the development and implementation of functional and non-functional test plans across multiple applications.
- Proactively report back to the QA Manager on both project deliverables and process effectiveness.
- Take responsibility for all changes being tested efficiently and effectively during the release cycle.
- Ensure that the design and documentation of test cases for core business applications meets the acceptance criteria of business user stories. Ensure inclusion of testing for both positive and negative scenarios.
- Oversee and help in the execution of test cases and recording of test results within a cross-browser, multi-device test remit. Ensure that the business applications function according to user requirements and behave in line with IT governance guidelines.
- Identify and document any issues found in the applications under test. Work closely with the Product Owners, BAs, Architects and Developers to investigate and resolve application problems and process issues where required.
- Perform oversight reviews of test cases created by other testers and be responsible for test case storage and maintenance
- Participate in user story refinement and sprint planning sessions as a means to deliver SMART stories for future Sprints.
- Ensure that all appropriate testing types are executed when required per release cycle (e.g. Acceptance, Functional, Regression, Non-Functional, Integration and Data).
- Help to compile data used for building appropriate and robust test environments. Ensure integration data maps are accurate and can be tested.
- Proactively recommend innovative automation ideas to reduce the manual effort and increase the code coverage at all levels of the testing pyramid.
- Where appropriate, participate in the writing and running of automated test cases across all applications under test.
- Proactively seek to evolve testing and quality assurance through continuous process improvements.
- Gather metrics and KPI's to support continuous process improvement within the team.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group's changing priorities.
- Create and maintain a test strategy for product areas which incorporates all individual projects.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
What we are looking for
- Significant testing experience including within a Lead or Senior test role.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and software testing lifecycle.
- Experience working with Agile / Scrum development methodologies.
- Experience with databases (Microsoft SQL Server).
- Experience in functional and non-functional testing of web based and mobile applications.
- Experience with agile defect / sprint management tools like Jira, Zephyr, and Confluence
- Knowledge of automated test tools
- Self-motivated with a willingness to work independently or collaboratively within a team structure
- Confident in decision making and pragmatic in approach to problem solving
- Concise verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of testing on mobile platforms
- ISEB or ISTQB certified – Intermediate level.
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Experience with automation tools such as IntelliJ, Selenium and Cucumber
- Experience with writing and running automated tests
- Knowledge of deploying builds to dev and test environments
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies
- A keen interest in football
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that unless you are on a homebased contract, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.
and come back later!