The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
To deliver against our goal we have reallocated resources and invested heavily in developing a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at our National Football Centre, St. George's Park.
This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA and the Technical Team will be integral to the organisation achieving its goals.
Support the production of, and delivery of Player Profiles across the England Men's Pathway and drive projects relating to depth-charting, player pipeline analysis and club insight's gathering. The role will drive data-informed and evidence-based decision making within the Technical Directorate.
- Contribute to the development, presentation, and maintenance of a comprehensive, robust and data driven England player profile which is linked to the success criteria for England teams.
- Undertake biannual analysis of the player pipeline, to understand churn, progression, and quality of the England Talent pipeline.
- Using pipeline health findings, define age and phase specific position priorities to drive the operational processes around player observations.
- Create visualisations of player status, including age-specific depth charts.
- Undertake thorough training, competing, sport, psycho-social histories for current and recent England players.
- Assimilation and analysis of data to enhance and challenge conversations around England-eligible players.
- Manage the prioritisation of club and player meetings, collate club data and intel about players, and share appropriately across the technical directorate.
- Production of compelling insightful reports to assist in the tracking of prospective and established England players.
- Support the delivery of player profiles, including the analysis for future volumes of the England Player Book.
- Support the delivery of key internal and external research projects which underpin future service development & provide insights to the talent identification process.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
What we are looking for
- A Postgraduate Qualification in Sports and Exercise Science, or related discipline.
- Extensive experience of research project management.
- Ability to assimilate and interpret data to answer performance questions.
- Proven ability to generate impactful reports suitable for multiple audiences.
- Experience of working in an elite sporting environment.
- Advanced communication skills with the ability to communicate to various audiences.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines within a dynamic environment.
- Experience of working with sports performance related data.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively across departments.
- Has strong organisational skills.
- Experience in using data visualisation software, such as Tableau (or similar).
- Knowledge of football and the requirements of international football.
- Creative presentation skills and experience of creating and delivering engaging workshops/presentations.
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that unless you are contractually homebased, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
How to Apply
Please click 'Apply Now' to begin the application process.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.
and come back later!