The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
As part of the Behavioural Insight & Business Analytics (BIBA) team, leading a team of 2 Insight and Analytics Managers (IAMs) and 2 Insight Officers (IOs) to conduct primary/secondary research that generates insight which inspires, informs and enables evidence-based decision making at The FA.
- Lead the BIBA team, providing guidance and support to both IAMs and IOs.
- Directly lead and manage projects, or provide support to both IAM(s), specifically:
- Working with key stakeholders to understand strategic needs, creating research briefs and identifying existing data and insight of value
- Informing and conducting primary research, be that in house or externally commissioned, further growing the knowledge base of the organisation
- Utilising analytical techniques to glean further insight from data collected via primary research and of data held within FA systems / across the business
- Collation and synthesis of existing data and insight to inform pertinent issues across the business
- Ensure that the insight generated lands within the business and is fully utilised
- Be responsible for the delivery of the BIBA team workplan, informing the prioritisation of budget and capacity
- Manage the development and delivery of the BIBA team identifying and delivering against training needs and establishing best practice principles
- Play a critical role in driving the insight and analytics agenda across The FA, demonstrating both its value and necessity
- Proactively identify, create and provide new and existing research to senior decision makers across The FA Group to ensure insight generated is fully activated and used to inform, support and influence key business decisions
- Show creativity in thinking and forethought to define the insight and analytics agenda for The FA
- Act as the lead point of contact for internal and external clients (sponsors and their agencies) managing team members in delivery around this area
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained
The role will be based at Wembley Stadium and may require travel to St George's Park on a regular basis. Note, The FA is currently operating hybrid working, with 2-3 days in the office and 2-3 days working from home.
What we are looking for
- • Educated to degree level
• Managing complex stakeholder groups and prioritising workflow.
• Lengthy agency and/or client side experience in a leading insight role
• Track record of delivering multi-disciplinary primary and secondary research projects with internal and external stakeholders
• Track record of project management and leading project teams, including commissioning external 3rd parties
• Comfortable working within teams as well as being able to work effectively autonomously
• Strong communication and presentation skills, incl. the ability to present work to SMT/Board level audiences and use communication skills to influence others point of view
• Strong analytical skills, highly capable of interpreting data and third-party research reports
• Ability to write reports for senior audiences with clear actionable recommendations underpinned by evidence and insight
• Advanced numeracy and literacy skills
- Previous experience within sport and/or events industry
- Experience of budget management
- Experience of app and web analytics and the software currently available to mine these types of data sets..
- Use of online survey software (especially Toluna Start) to script, host and generate data tables from online surveys
- Statistical analysis e.g. conjoint, segmentations, drivers analysis, turf analysis, max diff etc.
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that unless you are on a homebased contract, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
How to Apply
Please click 'Apply Now' to begin the application process.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.
and come back later!