The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
Responsible for driving the strategic vision & roadmap and programme delivery required for the effective development of digital products and services that enable participation and administration in grassroots football, collaborating and coordinating closely across both Division and wider FA.
The Football Association supports the participation of 1.5m regular affiliated and millions more recreational players in the grassroots game. Though a traditional environment, we are driving development and adoption of new, mobile-friendly products and services that help individuals find, participate and administrate grassroots football in a digital age. The Grassroots Digital & Data Strategy Senior Manager will be responsible for defining vision and roadmap to create this ecosystem to meet customer needs and drive participant adoption, whilst ensure that we maximise the impact of the data that we capture.
- Develop and advocate, a compelling grassroots digital ecosystem vision and associated consumer product and services delivery roadmap for football participants and workforce volunteers, to ensure attractiveness and effectiveness with the intended audiences
- Lead a data-driven strategy and advocate for the importance of data to the grassroots division. Overseeing the relationship between the data produced from digital products, business KPIs, customer services and programmes of delivery to create a powerful, insightful data picture of grassroots football that creates a more effective business and creates new opportunities.
- Collaborate with other departments that support grassroots football, including Marketing, Commercial, Education, Refereeing and Equality Diversity & Inclusion, to align the delivery roadmap and implementation plan so The FA presents itself in a joined-up way with the end customers
- Oversee development and delivery of the Grassroots digital product plan by the Digital Technology department, ensuring it aligns with the Grassroots strategy and plans.
- Create visibility and accountability within the division to their digital products and data insight
- Lead the development, with Marketing and the Grassroots Technology Adoption team, of the roll-out and adoption plan of Matchday and other Grassroots digital products to increase use football participants and workforce volunteers, including defining approach support materials and training for County FAs, leagues and clubs
- Work with the Partnership team to support FA partners expectations and key deliverables of FA grassroots digital products as per contracted/agreed targets
- Lead the project management of any proof-of-concept work looking at potential innovations that could positively impact The FA's grassroots objectives and the experience of grassroots football for the participants, ensuring effective coordination and engagement with other FA departments to achieve
- Provide regular management reporting on the progress and performance of digital products and services, both in terms of development progress and performance measures
- Work with Digital Technology & Marketing to conduct regular reviews of competitive or complimentary products, both in terms of functionality and potential to impact the FA plans, and look for partnership/integration opportunities where they make strategic sense
- Act as a digital champion, challenging existing thinking and delivery methods, by highlighting new technology, ways of works and industry best practise that supports development of the grassroots football digital ecosystem
- Ensure all grassroots football products and services are developed with a customer-centric approach, with investment and focus prioritised to address key end-customer needs
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
What we are looking for
- Strong digital understanding
- Experience of developing and delivering digital and/or product strategy
- Experience of developing and delivering ‘consumer' products in an agile environment
- Experience of effectively communicating business needs with technical, marketing and commercial colleagues
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to influence across a matrix organisation
- Strong understanding of data analysis, visualisation and reporting skills
- Strategic programme delivery skills, with significant experience in scoping, delivering and embedding projects within organisations
- Degree-level qualification
- Project management qualification e.g. Prince2
- Professional or voluntary experience working in grassroots football, or grassroots sports more broadly
- Experience of increasing adoption and usage for digital products – ideally in a commercial setting
- Experience of developing or challenging user stories, developing business cases and leveraging customer or industry insights
- Prior experience with analytics software, ideally PowerBI
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that unless you are on a homebased contract, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.
and come back later!