We are searching for a Casual pool of Senior Safety Supervisors to join our Wembley Stadium division. With purpose to ensure that a safe, secure and customer friendly environment is maintained in the designated area at all times throughout Wembley Stadium events.
You will support and provide clear guidance at all times to the designated Stewarding teams regarding their role and responsibilities. Ensuring the teams have a detailed understanding of their local work environment in support of questions from members of the public.
- Attend the Quadrant Supervisors Event day briefing which will include event arrangements, security, safety procedures, and expected crowd profile.
- Undertake the stewards briefing and ensure the relevant “Tool Box” refresher sessions are undertaken and all staff have a match day briefing document and any additional reference information sheets as is required by the job.
- Carry out pre – event Safety Stewards briefings, emergency procedures and company's health and safety policy. Ensure all staff are issued with briefing sheets as well as task cards for specific areas of work.
- Ensure that Stewards are met and checked and escorted to uniform areas, will be responsible for ensuring that the allocated staff are checked in against pre-identified numbers, ensure that uniform is issued quickly and smoothly, prior to taking up area of work.
- Ensure compliance with ground regulations.
- Monitor crowd dynamics and crowd flows in designated areas at peak times
- Ensure compliance with radio protocol and reports of disorder, emergencies are reported immediately.
- Monitor performance of stewards.
- To help identify individuals and assist the response teams, if appropriate, with the ejection of individuals as per ejection policy.
- Deal with issues as identified from the risk assessment.
- Ensure No Smoking Policy is adhered to by customers (and Staff)
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained
The Senior Safety Supervisor will also ensure the following are completed:
- Dress code check.
- ID Check and uniform provision
- Pre and post event checks.
- Stewards in designated positions prior to turnstiles opening
- Take up standby positions following test message/alarm
- Ensure comprehensive debrief of stewards
- Complete all appropriate forms and check sheets
- Respond to all emergency messages and announcements quickly and effectively.
- Ensure that all Health and Safety policies are complied with and are effectively communicated and implemented.
What we are looking for?
- NVQ Level 3 Spectator Safety qualified / or currently registered and in training.
What we can offer you?
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that unless you are on a homebased contract, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to begin the online application.
Applications close on 8th January 2023
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.
and come back later!