The Role and Key Accountabilities
Management of the technology platform, ensuring it is fit for purpose to deliver against project requirements for both the wider business and technology teams.
- Collaborate with the Head of Platform to build an effective roadmap that will develop the maturity of the FA's Azure and on-premise platforms, through budget planning and implementation of fit for purpose solutions and processes.
- Ensure the platform engineering team provide technical design and build services across the complete spectrum of the FA project portfolio:
- Provide input into Solution Architecture Documents to ensure all platform components are designed to agreed standards.
- Provide resource to build all technology platform components, utilising automation to achieve this where possible.
- Ensure that all projects have defined platform standards and are implemented as expected.
- Validate that any third parties providing solutions or services meet a minimum set of defined platform standards.
- Work with the InfoSec Manager to ensure all platform services meet security standards.
- Manage and control the Azure platform budget to ensure effective utilisation of resources.
- Ensure regular and documented meetings are held with the delivery partner to measure delivery performance
- Attend the Architecture Review Board, to ensure all platform engineering requirements are provided in potential new solutions
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
What we are looking for
- Experience in a Platform Engineering Management role
- Experience with managing third party service providers and business stakeholders.
- In depth knowledge of the cloud marketplace and solutions
- Good project and change management skills
- Good technology experience and strong info sec technical background in both traditional and cloud (Azure preference) environments.
- Experience with quality improvement processes to drive efficiency.
- Effective presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Technology experience within Football or other sporting associations or a working knowledge of sports administration systems
- Experience working in a matrix structure/multiple client groups
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that unless you are on a homebased contract, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to begin the online application process.
Applications close 29th October 2022
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.
and come back later!