The Football Association are recruiting a Marketing Executive to join our Brand Marketing Team. This role is an amazing opportunity for an ambitious marketer and women's football specialist to work across England Women and the Women's FA Cup brand.
It represents a perfect opportunity for someone who wishes to develop their core marketing skills, brand planning and multi-channel campaign execution within a fast-paced, professional sporting environment, working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, across international tournaments and world-class sporting events.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about sports, in particular women's football, whilst also having a strong working knowledge of the football landscape. Candidates will also have a good understanding of youth and lifestyle culture, emerging trends, brands, and social media content.
What will you be doing?
Managing the development and implementation of the England Women's and Women's FA Cup marketing strategy, including but not exclusive to:
- Brand Activation: supporting on key campaigns throughout the football calendar through managing bespoke social-first content, strategic collaborations, and influencer activity to drive impact around hero moments (I.e., Women's FA Cup, Women's Euro 2025).
- Match Promotion: delivery of multi-channel ticket-driving campaigns (home England internationals and the Women's FA Cup Final at Wembley), plus working closely with the CRM team to execute promotional email marketing plans.
- Matchday Experience: delivery of all physical and digital brand touchpoints around the stadium, pre-match entertainment, matchday programme, influencer management and supporting social media content plans.
- Campaigns: working closely with the brand team to support the delivery of season-long domestic campaign(s) and executions across owned, operated and third-party channels.
- Stakeholder Management: working closely with wider England Women's and Competitions marketing teams to manage external stakeholders such as broadcasters, commercial partners, third-party publishers and participating clubs to ensure alignment on objectives, campaign execution and integration in major events.
- Agency Management: support the management of a range of agency and/or supplier relationships.
- Finance + Adhoc: Delivering a range of administrative tasks, including raising POs and managing budget trackers, compiling presentations and supporting with team events.
What are we looking for?
Essential for the role:
- Relevant experience in a brand marketing, freelance or agency role.
- A strong passion and understanding of the women's football landscape, with strong connections in the scene.
- A good understanding of youth and lifestyle cultural trends and community sub-groups.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Basic presentation skills
- An excellent communicator (verbal and written)
Beneficial to have:
- Experience of working on mass-scale events and/or community-led activations.
- Basic project management and reporting skills.
- A good understanding of the wider sports industry and affiliated media/rights-holders.
- An understanding of and interest in Men's football is helpful but not essential.
- A good eye for detail and creatively minded.
- Knowledge of UK-based creatives, I.e., on-trend influencers and/or content creators, designers, videographers, photographers.
- Of key digital platforms and channels for women's football fans.
What's in it for you?
We are committed to ensuring everyone can flourish in their roles, to achieve this we have unique office spaces under the arch of the iconic Wembley National Stadium, which is the home of English Football. We are also delighted to offer a world-class, Elite Performance Centre, St. George's Park in Staffordshire which is an exceptional setting to develop and inspire high-performing England teams and leaders.
We pride ourselves in offering a competitive salary as well as great opportunities to develop and grow in your role. But that is not all; we also have a range of exciting benefits, some of which can be found below:
- Access to event day tickets at Wembley Stadium, alongside a host of regular internal events throughout the season encouraging you to connect and learn with your colleagues and look after your mental health and wellbeing.
- Free, nutritious lunches, at Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park.
- Free private medical cover.
- A contributory pension scheme.
- An additional Thank You days leave, volunteering days as well as 25 days annual leave.
- A hybrid working model offering flexibility on where you work.
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin your application.
and come back later!