We have a great opportunity within our Women's Technical division to lead the strategy for England Women's development teams, responsible for all aspects of team, coach, and player development within the national development teams, and contribute to the long-term success of England Women and winning a major tournament.
The role will also play a pivotal role as member of the senior leadership team, contributing to the success of the Women's Technical division, on and off the pitch.
What You'll Do?
- Provide effective leadership and maintain a positive cultural environment across all England development teams.
- Establish a clear playing style and footballing philosophy that aligns with England Women
- Lead the coaching staff to ensure delivery of a strategic squad and pathway periodisation plan, in line with youth team tournament cycles.
- Develop and support head coaches to foster the progression of talented young players, ensuring a clear pathway to England Women
- Ensure consistency of approach across all coaching staff to ensure effective squad management and team selection.
- Support the coaching staff to develop personalised development plans for players.
- Establish a team of experienced coach developers to support and deliver coaching staff development plans.
- Promote safe working practices and maintain a culture whereby safeguarding is recognised as a shared responsibility.
- Working closely with the women's talent manager and head of player development to ensure a healthy and diverse pipeline of talented players to service development teams.
- Working closely with the head of coaching in FA Education to ensure a healthy and diverse pipeline of talented coaches to service development teams.
- Support the development of an inclusive and well-being focused culture.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clubs and other key stakeholders.
- Contribute to the wider Women's Technical Division Strategy
- Implementation of the Women's Technical Division vision and long-term strategy
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
- As part of The FA's commitment to ensuring a safe environment for everyone in football, every employee will be required to complete a DBS check. The level of the check required will be based on the activity of the specific job role and in line with legislation and government guidance.
What You'll Need?
Essential for the role:
- Senior inspirational Leader with extensive experience in football and a background in developing high performance.
- Outstanding football experience and understanding of the modern game.
- Outstanding leadership qualities with the ability to work towards collective outcomes, galvanising and energising teams and colleagues, winning hearts and minds and taking them on a journey towards the future.
- The ability to think strategically –from strategy development to implementation and performance management.
- Be an outstanding influencer, communicator, team player and leader.
- Proven decision making and problem-solving ability with experience of driving the results of diverse teams.
- Decisive, energetic, and enthusiastic with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be a team player, a talent developer, and the ability to lead and inspire a team to success.
- A track record of effective influence and interaction at senior leadership level, with the ability to quickly establish gravitas with key stakeholders.
- Experience of playing a leading role on a management team keeping the focus on strategic objectives and ensuring the organisation is clear on the milestones they must reach in order to achieve goals.
- A love for football and understanding of the football landscape in the women's game.
- Elite level experience in coaching with UEFA A Licence certification.
- Proven track record in managing a variety of football departments at international/elite level.
- Proven track record in driving improved coach performance.
- Embrace the importance of sports science protocols, data & analytics, and performance metrics.
- Proven track record in the delivery, development, and implementation of High- Performance Systems
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft applications.
- Ability to create presentations and present to a wide range of key stakeholders.
What's in it for you?
We are committed to ensuring everyone can flourish in their roles, in order to achieve this we have unique office spaces under the arch of the iconic Wembley National Stadium, which is the home of English Football. We are also delighted to offer a world-class, Elite Performance Centre, St. George's Park in Staffordshire which is an exceptional setting to develop and inspire high-performing England teams and leaders.
We pride ourselves in offering a competitive salary as well as great opportunities to develop and grow in your role. But that is not all; we also have a range of exciting benefits, some of which can be found below:
- Access to event day tickets at Wembley Stadium, alongside a host of regular internal events throughout the season encouraging you to connect and learn with your colleagues and look after your mental health and wellbeing.
- Free, nutritious lunches, at Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park.
- Free private medical cover.
- A contributory pension scheme.
- An additional Thank You days leave, volunteering days as well as 25 days annual leave.
- A hybrid working model offering flexibility on where you work.
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin your application.
and come back later!