As part of our ambitious plans we are looking for a Head of Policy to:
- hold a key senior manager role with Barclays Women's Super League (BWSL) and Barclays Women's Championship (BWC) to drive forward policy development during a period of transformational growth in the Women's Professional Game
lead the strategic development of women's professional game policy working closely with senior management team and outcomes of the Football Governance White Paper, Future of Women's Football government review and recent publications relating to safeguarding and player welfare.
- ensure effective compliance with relevant FIFA, UEFA and FA regulations
- provide effective leadership for the licensing and compliance team with oversight of the department.
What will you be doing?
- To lead policy, licensing and compliance development of the women's professional game leagues and competitions – The Barclays Women's Super League (BWSL), PGA Academies, Women's Championship (BWC) and Continental Tyres League Cup, working closely with the FA Women's Technical Division, FA Football Operations Division, FA Public Affairs and FA Legal Department.
- To lead the development of insight led policy for the women's professional game and continue to progress policy development at a critical time for the game following the publications of the Football Governance White Paper and Future of Women's Football government review.
- To oversee key policy areas relating the women's professional game including but not limited to governing body endorsement criteria, player protection and compensation, maternity policy
- To liaise with the FA Football Operations team, PFA and other stakeholders as appropriate on any required changes to the standard contract for women's football
- Lead the approvals for BWSL and BWC licence and rule changes from the BWSL/ BWC Board as required.
- To create collaborative environment with internal divisions and external stakeholders to ensure progress is made with relation to development of policy and rule change.
- Undertake effective monitoring and reporting of policy workstreams to the Executive Group and the BWSL / BWC Board and to lead the approvals for change from the BWSL/ BWC Board as required.
- To lead robust stakeholder consultation process as part of policy development processes, liaising with key stakeholders at a senior level including Member clubs, FIFA, UEFA, PFA, LMA, Football Supporters Association, PL, EFL on any issues requiring stakeholder engagement
- Champion world class service delivery of league and club services; obtain customer feedback and make any improvements as necessary.
- Lead, manage and coach the team effectively, ensuring all staff have regular personal development reviews, clear objectives and individual personal development plans
- Develop an annual business plan and budget for women's professional game policy, licensing, and compliance, ensuring prioritisation and allocation of major tasks and that all risks are identified, and any mitigating actions put in place.
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
- As part of The FA's commitment to ensuring a safe environment for everyone in football, every employee will be required to complete a DBS check. The level of the check required will be based on the activity of the specific job role and in line with legislation and government guidance.
What are we looking for?
Essential for the role:
- Ability to professionally engage in dialogue, articulate points clearly and concisely through a range of communication methods and styles depending on the target audience with experience of senior stakeholder management skills
- Competent leadership skills in galvanising internal and/or external stakeholders to deliver business outcomes
- Significant experience of developing, delivering and monitoring sport and/or football policy
- Knowledge and understanding of regulation and compliance
- Understanding of competition, FA and/or FIFA regulations and governance
- Excellent project management skills. Track record of creating, managing, tracking, implementing and reviewing projects
- Analytical skills; ability to analyse information and make recommendations based on the information
- Ability to write correspondence and reports to communicate clearly, professionally and accurately to a range of audiences to help achieve desired goals
- Ability to create and deliver presentations that are tailored to the audience
- Proactive approach to problem solving. Ability to solve complex problems using insight to inform decision making.
- Motivated, dedicated and able to deliver when working both within a team and independently
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office
How to Apply
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to begin the application process.
and come back later!