We are excited to be searching for two FA Youth Coach Developers to join our Education Division. The purpose of the role is to support the development of world-class youth coaches in professional clubs as part of the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP) to give the young players the best chance of success.
The FA Youth Coach Developer roles will provide a dedicated workforce to support professional club coaches and key staff with the delivery of qualifications, CPD and informal support and mentoring.
- To support the coaching elements of the Elite Player Performance Plan through the delivery of age-specific qualifications (FA Advanced Youth, UEFA A, FA Mandatory CPD and in club mentoring and coach support which will vary depending upon individual club needs).
- To contribute to, communicate and support the roll out of developing age appropriate practices and articles for FA online platforms including the Bootroom.
- To provide regional and onsite support and training (awards, CPD, mentoring) to professional club coaches within a designated club cluster as part of a team of 24 FA Coach Educators – this may vary from category to category, club to club.
- To promote coaching effectiveness within clubs.
- Build collaborative working relationships across education, specifically within Professional Game teams and National Teams.
- Develop key collaborative working relationships with the PL, EFL and PFA and ensure alignment of coach development across the EPPP as part of the Integrated Coaching Strategy (ICS).
- Support the PL and EFL with ECAS, HOC and EAM programmes.
- Contribute to regular reviews of EPPP rules and regulations.
- To contribute to the design, review and roll out of the FA Advanced Youth Awards, Youth Awards (as appropriate) and UEFA B.
Contribute to the development Talent map of coaches working within the EPPP and have the capability of working at the highest levels of youth game.
- Working collaboratively with the key members of the Professional Game Team to deliver the strategic direction of research around technical/ tactical and other LTPD themes that help support the professional game qualification and CPD delivery.
- To ensure the translation of the relevant England DNA within youth professional game coach development provision.
- Working collaboratively with the key members of the Professional Game Team to develop the FA Coach Competency Framework and specifically for its implementation at Level 4 & 5.
- Contribute to the identification and development of a group of outstanding FA/ PFA course tutors (internal/ external) who deliver high-quality industry-appropriate learning on course and in club to Level 3 and 4 coaches.
- Contribute succession-planning initiatives designed to create and sustain a pipeline of outstanding professional coach educators capable of delivering at Level 3 and 4.
- Working with level UEFA A lead, Pro Licence lead and Player to Coach lead to oversee the coordination of all mentors (from across a range of industries and business) who support Level 4 and 5 coaches and managers.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
What we are looking for?
- UEFA A Coaching Licence and FA Licenced Coach.
- Considerable experience in Coach/Player Development in Professional football.
- Experience in facilitating individual, small and large group sessions effectively.
- Significant experience in Coach/Player Development in Professional Football (U9s -U23s and/or Senior Football).
- Experience in building and maintaining strong, long-lasting stakeholder relationships.
- Self-driven, able to work alone and collaboratively as part of an experienced team.
- A modern, progressive approach to coaching and learning with adaptable skills and understanding.
- Ability to influence and persuade individuals and groups internally and externally with clear, well-researched views consistent with FA strategy on player development, coaching and leadership.
- Experience as an educator/ developer of elite/professional coaches.
- Experience in engaging both coaches & young players during practical demos.
- Knowledge of current issues that impact the development of our young players.
- Effective at building relationships.
- Proficient skills in MS Office.
- Full UK Driver's Licence.
- FA Advanced Youth Award holder.
- Teaching qualification (or equivalent experience).
- FA Tutor status.
- Any “child-specific” qualification.
- Assessors award (D32, 33,34 – A1, V1).
- Proven track record in the design/implementation and evaluation of technical programmes in the professional game.
- Experience in developing Coaches in Professional Football.
What we can offer you?
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please note that this is a home-based contract, however, the role will have a focus towards either south of England, or Midlands. On your application form, you are able to state which region will be your preference.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.
How to Apply
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to begin the application process.
and come back later!