The successful candidate will work closely with the Pathway Lead PPC to deliver the physical performance strategy for the England development pathway and develop a YDP specific strategy. This includes leadership of the YDP and line management of physical performance consultants delivering to the U15, U16 & U17 teams. The successful candidate will also lead the physical performance of one of these teams and deliver to other youth national teams as required (max of 80-100 days on camp). Being a critical member of a multidisciplinary support team will require you to work closely with coaches, physiotherapists, team doctor and team operations managers both on and off camp to deliver exceptional physical performance support.
- Inspire & influence players through outstanding physical performance coaching to one of the teams in the PDP (and teams in YDP when required). This includes team and individual pitch based warm-ups, S&C, individual rehab/conditioning and recovery
- Delivery & development of the FA Physical Performance Curriculum, including:
- Off Camp Monitoring
- Physical Profiling & Training Solutions
- The Other 22 Hours
- Performance Fuelling
- Closely liaise with the MDT and the coaching staff of that team to ensure optimal management of player's health and fitness throughout the camp.
- Support the performance medicine team in their delivery of the Performance Medicine Curriculum
- Attend all training sessions and matches, along with regular medical, coaching and multidisciplinary meetings throughout any camp.
- Liaise with club physical performance staff pre and post camp to ensure a comprehensive physical handover. To include physical performance sessions, profiling data, wellness and exposure data and GPS.
- Operational leadership of the YDP
- Line management of Consultant members of staff
- Work closely with the Pathway Lead PPC to define the strategic objectives for the YDP
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with the Lead PPC the Pathway Lead PPC to ensure aligned delivery of PPC services across the Men's Pathway.
- Leadership, delivery and development of planning (annual, camp and session), heat mapping (review), talent ID (grading) and player development of the pathway.
- Work closely with YDP team operations and coaching to strategically and operationally plan and review camps in alignment with the DNA+
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with YDP Lead Coach, Doctor, Physiotherapist, Nutritionist and Psychologist to ensure a cohesive inter-disciplinary approach.
- Develop close working relationships with peers in professional clubs to enable knowledge of and management of international players, as well as driving Individual player development plans
- Contribute to the development of projects aimed at supporting winning England Teams. There is a clear focus on deepening our understanding of the adolescent footballer to identify talent and improve their health and performance
- Contribute to Senior Men's Euro and World Cup tournament projects
- Leadership and delivery of FA PPMN CPD/training days throughout the year
- Any other task as is reasonably required by The FA in order to fulfil the Appointment effectively, adhering to the current Standard Operating Procedures of the department.
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
- As part of The FA's commitment to ensuring a safe environment for everyone in football, every employee will be required to complete a DBS check. The level of the check required will be based on the activity of the specific job role and in line with legislation and government guidance, the successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
- Excellent coaching skills and extensive experience as a team PPC in elite sport
- Expertise (extensive experience, academic research or PhD level studies) within physical preparation of adolescent footballers
- Track record of successfully integrating into established and developing medical and performance teams
- Leadership within a physical performance department (accountable for the PPC provision within a department, or team)
- An understanding of the physical performance needs of high-performance athletes / players.
- Relevant physical performance accreditation (BASES/NSCA/UKSCA/ASCA)
- Undergraduate qualifications in sports performance related field
In addition, candidates would ideally possess the following:
- Experience traveling abroad with teams
- Experience in International or Club Football
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams
You will also demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work closely with internal and external stakeholders. You will display behaviours to maintain and enhance good relationships which will help develop The FA's positive professional profile across the business and wider industry.
If you believe you have what it takes to make a difference to England Team success, please get in touch and apply via 'Apply Now'.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Ben Rosenblatt (Lead Men's Physical Performance Coach) at [email protected].
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.
and come back later!