A BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
The role will focus on delivering the FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard (Safeguarding 365) both internally and externally and driving and monitoring compliance within Cheshire FA Leagues and Clubs. You will encourage cross-business teamwork and external collaboration in order to drive and embed safeguarding across the whole business and County FA network.
- To support delivery of The FA Grassroots Football Strategy and Cheshire FA's Business Strategy. To manage the Cheshire FA safeguarding work, in line with legislation, FA safeguarding policy, procedures, regulations, standards and guidance.
- To manage safeguarding and child protection concerns in a timely manner and in line with FA requirements and guidance.
- To significantly contribute to implementing and maintaining The FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard for County FAs and driving safer practice in grassroots football.
- To support the adoption of FA technology systems across grassroots football.
- To comply with FA rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidance that are in place from time to time.
- Operationally lead the implementation and delivery of safeguarding within Cheshire FA, being accountable for relevant areas of The FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard for County FAs.
- Track and ensure ongoing compliance with The FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard for County FAs measures, policies and procedures.
- Support the Senior Leadership Team and take a dynamic and strategic approach to safeguarding delivery within Cheshire FA, raising awareness and providing organisational support and direction to colleagues.
- Work with the CEO to provide the Board with regular reports on safeguarding activity within Cheshire FA.
- Work with The FA Safeguarding Case Management Team (FA SCMT) to refer child abuse and adults at risk concerns to The FA, acting in line with the relevant FA safeguarding policy, regulations and guidance.
- Record all safeguarding concerns on The FA Electronic Safeguarding Assessment (ELSA) system and ensure all data is securely retained in accordance with FA regulations, policies and data protection legislation.
- Manage all safeguarding poor practice concerns and complaints referred to Cheshire FA, with a focus on timeliness and outcomes and line with FA policy, regulations and guidance.
- Provide training, support and guidance to clubs and leagues on how to manage safeguarding complaints and concerns effectively, with a focus on timeliness and outcomes and in line with FA policy, regulations and guidance.
- Use FA IT systems to monitor safeguarding compliance across the grassroots volunteer network to manage risk and assist in strategic planning.
- Utilise insight and data to inform all compliance activity and take appropriate activity to address non- compliance.
- Ensure Cheshire FA is compliant with safeguarding legislation e.g. Data Protection/GDPR 2018, Children’s Act, Protection of Freedoms Act (Criminal Record Checks), the Government’s ‘Working Together guidance 2018’ and any other legislation or statutory guidance that may be introduced
For a full job description, please click here
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter (2 sides maximum) outlining how you meet the Role Profile and 'What we are looking for' criteria, by either email or post to:
- Steve Smithies, CEO at Cheshire FA via 'apply now'
- Postal applications are to be addressed; Strictly Private and Confidential, for the attention of Steve Smithies CEO, Cheshire FA, Hartford House, Moss Farm Recreation Centre, Northwich, Cheshire, CW8 4BG
and come back later!