Amateur FA is looking to appoint one Non-Executive Director who will act as the Board Safeguarding Champion. We are looking for an individual with skills and experience in safeguarding with adults, children, or both, who has a desire to support grassroots football and a safe environment across Amateur FA football.
We are looking for an ambassador for the organisation and act as custodians of the highest standards of integrity and governance. With the development of a new strategy and recent Board review, the Board is constituted of up to 14 members (due to reduce to 12). The Board is led currently by a Chair, supported by a Vice-Chair, CEO, Council appointed Directors and space for four Independent Directors.
- To ensure the Board acts in accordance with legislation, statutory guidance and The FA's Safeguarding Policies and Procedures and any associated guidance including continually demonstrating that the Amateur FA meets The FA's Safeguarding 365 Standard for County FAs.
- To be an active Board member championing a culture that has the best interests of children and young people (under the age of 18) and adults at risk in mind in all decisions that are made.
- To recognise and champion that all children, young people and adults at risk in football and all adults at risk are entitled to the same protection regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation, or identity.
- To ensure the Amateur FA safeguarding responsibilities and accountabilities are embedded in the Amateur FA Strategy, Business Plan, Budget, Risk Register and Operational Plan.
- To ensure the Amateur FA enables and provides relevant safeguarding training for the Board, staff, volunteers and committee and council members.
- To ensure that Young People have a voice in the game, their comments are considered by the Board and are kept aware of outcomes (you said, we did)
- To ensure the Board receives and scrutinises information on progress against key areas of work, including the independent assessment reports, risks, and challenges.
- To ensure all volunteers are aware of and comply with The FA's Safeguarding 365 Standard for County FAs' requirements.
- To check and challenge to ensure that the interests of children, young people and adults at risk are paramount in all Amateur FA activities and the best interests of adults at risk are given due consideration.
- To use the whistle-blowing policy if any concerns are not fully addressed by the Amateur FA or the Board.
- To serve as a Director of the Association and to actively participate in its strategic management.
- To safeguard the assets of the business along with the interests of the Membership and stakeholders of the Amateur FA.
- Ongoing involvement in the planning and delivery of the Amateur FA Strategy. To ensure the effective implementation of Board decisions by the Chief Executive and the staff, providing a supportive role in helping achieve the strategic aims and objectives of the Association.
- To jointly oversee the management of risk to the Association.
- To develop and maintain an effective corporate governance structure.
- To monitor the financial affairs of the Association and ensure the effective use of Amateur FA finances.
What we are looking for
- Experience of working in an adult or child safeguarding and/or protection.
- Awareness and understanding of The FA's Safeguarding Policy and Procedures and The FA's Safeguarding 365 Standard for County FA's.
- Ability to contribute to the strategic thinking and direction of the Association.
- Possess or show willingness to have an understanding of grassroots football.
- Financial and budgetary awareness.
- Analytical and rationale thinking.
- Positive attitude and highly self-motivated with ability to motivate others.
- Evidence of emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
- A strong commitment to promoting and embedding diversity and inclusion at all levels.
- To promote equality of opportunity and a football for all ethos in a safe sporting environment.
- To represent the Association to partners and stakeholders of the Association in a professional manner.
- To act with discretion in respect of sensitive, confidential, or commercial information provided to you in this role.
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin your application.
and come back later!